• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by doh.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Is there a better Magicshine 872 helmet mount?
  • trusz
    Free Member

Has anyone found a better helmet mount solution for the Magic Shine 872?

The strap thing is pretty crap for my Giro Hex helmet as I can only really strap it up on the top and then it’s a bit far back so the peak cuts out some of the light 🙁

I’m thinking just directly mounting it on the helmet and perhaps stick a bit of old inner tube under it for extra grip?

nwgiles

i have mine on my poc without any issue.
    used the really small rubber ring and stretched it tight

the peak gets in the way ever so slightly but i can live with it

philfive
    Free Member

The handlebar mount at the base of the helmet should fit in the center vent above the peak, just put some stick on velco on base of light and on helmet and your sorted. Failing that where do you live as I have 2 helmet mounts.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dantsw13

With an odd shaped Helmet, and a flat helmet mount, you are best to make a “shim” to go between the two.

This one for my old MS808 was made from pipe lagging and gaffer tape

[/url]
    Untitled by danthomassw13, on Flickr[/img]

cheers_drive

I mount my 872 direct to my Hex using the o ring for the 25.4mm bars. Goes round the lowest cross brace between the vents. Works perfectly, easy to adjust and stays put.

Northwind

I fitted mine to my Hex without much bother tbh. Different size maybe?

I ended up modifying a gopro mount to carry bike lights, not worth it if you don’t already have the camera but works superbly if you do.

trusz
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I’m trying the direct mount on the first brace up. First ride with it tonight so will see how it goes.

cookeaa

I’ve found using a few zip ties rather than the fabric strap can be a bit more stable, and using the odd bit of old inner tube to stabilize it too can help, depending on the helmet and position…

Northwind

Worth mentioning that all of these lights will fit easily to the helmet mounts for any other manufacturers with a similiar design- Light and Motion being the obvious one. They don’t work any different but the fitment might be better for your lid?

doh
    Free Member

you can strap the light directly to a xen using the rubber band thing, there is a handy crosspiece? on the in the middle vent if you see what i mean. also wrapped a bit of insulation tape round it to give it a rounder profile and make it a bit grippier never had any slippage.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Is there a better Magicshine 872 helmet mount?’ is closed to new replies.