Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Is there a band you just dont get?
  • PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Greenday. What are they for?

Early stuff’s good…

edlong
    Free Member

Greenday. What are they for?

To save scientists from spending lots of time and money synthesising a cloneable being that is spliced from the genes of the Clash and the Levellers. And to save our ears from the result, which would be even more horrible than the sanitised American version we now have.

flange
    Free Member

Tracey chapman – just dull

Manic street preachers – utter utter rubbish, I can’t turn the radio off quick enough when they come on

Queen…erm, it’s pantomime isn’t it?

The smiths/morrisey – his voice annoys the hell out of me

But the one that I hate (and I don’t used that word lightly) – kings of Leon. It’s a close thing with msp though…

Coyote
    Free Member

Thin Lizzy

chewkw
    Free Member

Rap or hip hop band – The music (more like weird sound but let’s called them music as you wish) is fine without someone talking over it i guess but once they open their big mouth I really don’t get it.

What’s the point of this fast talking? If they want to talk then talk properly. If they want to sing then sing properly.

🙄

p/s: actually I don’t get most of the “music or singing” … for me the only acceptable ones are ABBA, Bee Gees, Carpenter perhaps Blondie at a push but beyond that I struggle to remember …

ChrisL

The one that baffles me is Nirvana. I was the right age, I had musical tastes that were largely compatible and many of my mates were massively into them, but they just never meant much to me. I eventually got Nevermind and In Utero, but I can’t remember the last time I listened to either.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Not really a band but wtf is Bruno Mars all about?

chakaping
    Free Member

The one that baffles me is Nirvana.

God yeah, I really resented how they sort of monopolised the whole alternative rock scene and steered everything toward plaid shirts and angsty shouting – resulting in no record deals for a lot more intersting bands.

Could never see why people found them so appealing. Most successful rock band without a single decent tune?

edlong
    Free Member

The one that baffles me is Nirvana.
    God yeah, I really resented how they sort of monopolised the whole alternative rock scene and steered everything toward plaid shirts and angsty shouting – resulting in no record deals for a lot more intersting bands.

Yeah, you should totally blame Nirvana for that. How dare they do something that appealed to people?!??! It’s all totally their fault.

camo16
    Free Member

Yeah, but do you remember what was going on musically before Smells Like Teen Spirit came along? I’m no Nirvana fan, but if their only contribution was kicking the crap out of Black Box and Soul2Soul then I’m a lifelong fan.

chakaping
    Free Member

How dare they do something that appealed to people?!??!

But why was it so popular? I just don’t get it.

camo16
    Free Member

Sounded good. Fresh too, after swathes of late 80, early 90s synth-rap tat. Brought a spirit of rebellion back. Kurt had cool hair. All of this and more.

terrahawk
    Free Member

The Clash. THE most over-rated band ever.
    followed closely by bloody Radiohead.

Northwind

The Stones… I mean, pretty much every band I like was influenced by the Beatles and the Stones, and most of them by the Pistols or Sabbath, directly or indirectly. Can’t listen to any of them. But you can respect the influence without liking the music I reckon.

Nicky Minaj- OK, I’m not the target market but there just doesn’t seem to be anything about that whole package that isn’t irredeemably awful.

Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Is there a band you just dont get?’ is closed to new replies.