Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)
  • Is there a band you just dont get?
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Conversation over the weekend about bands that are popular but personaly make your teeth itch.

Mine is Texas, just awful, ear bleedingly awful. 😡 I was in a minority of one but I know I am right.

kayak23

Foo Fighters.
    Formulaic, shouty carp.
    ..and Texas 🙂

Muke
    Free Member

Can’t stand most Radiohead stuff but I do like Pink Floyd which many people don’t as for Texas… what evs

Edit: Forgot to add All Thrash Metal to the hate list

gears_suck
    Free Member

I don’t understand when I get one letter but there’s a band around it. That band can go take a hike.

Pigface
    Free Member

Whoosh 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

Stereophonics, Manic Street Shouters, Oasis, Elbow, etc. all make me turn the radio off.

marcus7
    Free Member

it’s the post offices infinite supply that’s the problem, we rarely get single letters though..

gears_suck
    Free Member

More annoying what they throw it on the floor outside the front door and then it comes out in the litter tray a day later. Thems are annoying bands.
    On the musical side. I hate everything. Radio 4 all day.

Muke
    Free Member

embrace it, after all it’s Free ammo…

jekkyl

Gastric bands!
    have some dignity, self respect and self control and just stop eating fatty!

loddrik
    Free Member

Most modern day ‘guitar’ bands are pretty shite. Radiohead excepted.

scaredypants

Pigface

I always hated Pigface

organic355
    Free Member

collinstiffee
    Free Member

Pigface were experimental!
    Don’t get rap or that terrible stuff like rap* but with distorted (pitch bending) on the vocal.
    For some reason french rap is fantastic.

Pigface
    Free Member

Pigface

I always hated Pigface

😆 😥

chrisdw
    Free Member

Muse!

samuri
    Free Member

The Smiths. Absolutely awful drivel. I can understand politically confused teenagers liking them but once you’ve grown up? No, sorry. very odd.

Leonard Cohen. My wife would leave me if he asked her to but all I want to do when I hear his music is kill myself. if I ever were to actually kill myself, I’d deliberately put some Cohen music on in the room, video myself killing myself and pre-arrange for the video to be sent to Cohen.

“This! This is what you do to people!”

boxfish
    Free Member

Kings Of Leon.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Suede. Blur. Foo Fighters. Muse.

I also really, really don’t get Jay-Z. There’s far better MCs out there, yet people think the sun shines out of his mike.

DezB
    Free Member

I don’t get rock/metal bands that are still playing the same old riffs, using the same old guitar sounds that have been done to death over the past 40 years.

I’m sure there are 1000s of bands I don’t get, but many of them I just won’t hear.

jools182
    Free Member

Agree with Texas, just don’t know what they are supposed to be

Also see Maroon 5

DrJ

So so so many. Florence & the Machine for starters.

andytherocketeer

The XX
    Every tune is the basically same, except the one that people probably have heard which is the same but slightly less depressing than all the others.

yunki
    Free Member

so far I can’t say that I disagree with any of the suggestions posted..

all a bunch of formulaic, self congratulatory, mithering, over rated ****..

I quite like Florence now though surprisingly, considering that I got into a heated discussion on here a few years back about how crap she was..

avdave2

Leonard Cohen. My wife would leave me if he asked her

I’d leave my wife if he asked me. 🙂

For me it’s The Fall, I don’t actually dislike anything I’ve heard I just don’t get it. I can understand people liking something I don’t like but I have trouble understanding how anyone can like anything that leaves me completely indifferent.

llama

Bowie

MussEd
    Free Member

Texas??? So is this a current discussion then? Very well then, I never saw the fuss about the Glenn Miller band, more of a Duke Ellington man myself…

martymac

agree with most of the above.
    but absolutely amazed no one has mentioned take that yet.
    i cant stand mediocrity being hyped up as if its the absolute best.

mogrim

The Smiths. Absolutely awful drivel. I can understand politically confused teenagers liking them but once you’ve grown up? No, sorry. very odd.

Hated the Smiths when I was a teenager, quite like them now 🙂

Anyway: Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin. Dreary crap.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Some of Take That’s tunes are incredibly catchy…

billyboulders
    Free Member

Queen

angeldust
    Free Member

Second Take That. Hateful mediocrity of the worst kind.

Music for people that don’t really like music (Like X-Factor).

pondo
    Free Member

Rod Stewart.

endurogangster
    Free Member

Radiohead – complete turd!

hughjengin
    Free Member

Muse

binners

Another vote for the Kings Of Leon

I went to see them live and it was the dullest gig I’ve ever been too. I’ve seen spotty teenagers working in Macdonalds who looked more enthusiastic and engaged in what they’re doing. They just looked bored. As did we. Except we’d paid them for the privilege

bigyinn
    Free Member

Anything that comes out of the X Factor’s sphincter is pretty toss. Just music by numbers for a target market.
    Proper music does have a target market, it just is!
    Mumford and Sons. Folk music for people who don’t like folk music.

Alex

Editors
    Franz Ferdinand
    The white stripes
    etc etc.. all the bands people who sneered at my 80/90s rock collection told me I would like. I tried, I really did. Then I went back and listened to Van Halen.

Spotify has been interesting tho, now I have a favourite by a band called The Wombats which I think has increased my music street cred immeasurably 😉

DezB
    Free Member

but absolutely amazed no one has mentioned take that yet.

Amazed that you think we are Take That’s target audience.
    Does this mean you do get Boyzone, One Direction, One True Voice, that other Irish lot, etc etc etc?

Flaperon

Muse, again. Used to feel the same about the Foo Fighters, but changed my opinion a year or two ago. Though not sure that counts for much, as my music taste is so eclectic.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Is there a band you just dont get?’ is closed to new replies.