Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Is the stw out of hours surgery open ?
  • itstig

I’m taking 40 mg of prednisolone daily prior to an operation on thursday. My heart seems to be beating harder and I.m sweating like I’m in a sauna at the slightest bit of exercise and my face is as red as a beetroot :oops:. The list of “other side effects” lists these. Should I be concerned or tolerate until thurs?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

My opinion – that needs pro advice soon. Call NHS 24

Drac

Your’re talking about meds here with no idea of your history or what your op is.

You need this http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure you just to need to go out for a long bike ride.

bruneep

a couple lines of coke will sort you out.

Markie
    Free Member

Burpees. Perhaps.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hit the bottle. Hit it HARD!*

*This medical advice is almost certainly utterly worthless, but given the circs, it’s about as good as you’re going to be getting on here. So, may as well get some proper medical advice from someone who knows about your specifics instead.

ratherbeintobago

Your’re talking about meds here with no idea of your history or what your op is.

As above.

On the other hand, NHS Direct/24 is often about as useful as a chocolate teapot. While it’s difficult impossible to give decent medical advice without knowing any of the background, taking a full history and conducting an appropriate physical examination, assuming you’ve been taking the pred for several days and these are not new symptoms, it’s Monday tomorrow and you should be able to get hold of either your consultant surgeon, his deputy (registrar) or your own GP, who will be much better placed to advise than someone reading off an electronic flow chart.

Andy

bruneep

Pfft he’s not even drinking the contents of the glass, lightweight.

rOcKeTdOg

prednisilone used to do that to me, horrible stuff

ratherbeintobago

prednisilone used to do that to me, horrible stuff

Steroids are never a good thing* but in the circumstances are often better than not having them

Andy

*unless you’ve got noradrenaline-resistant septic shock, clearly.

hora
    Free Member

Isnt that a form of anti histamine?

ratherbeintobago

Isnt that a form of anti histamine?

Not exactly, no, though corticosteroids do have some effect against histamine.

Andy

hora
    Free Member

Thats it.

OP call NHS. Incase you experience an irregular heartbeat in bed 😮

plop_pants
    Free Member

Read the PIL.

itstig

Thanks all 24 hours later same symptoms. I visited my gp par for the course with steroids apparently they are stimulating my fight or flight reaction. Any way my heartbeat is good, blood sugar is normal I just have to put up for the next three days. Post op is the next challenge

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Is the stw out of hours surgery open ?’ is closed to new replies.