Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • Is the stock market crashing?
  • TheBrick
    Free Member

Don’t worry the big boys will all make lot of money, it only small people saving and pensions that will be ****.

matt_outandabout

binners

Certainly looks that way. Mind you, if the banks don’t manage to completely bankrupt the entire economy, by the standards of the new ‘normal’, this will be a pretty good result

munrobiker
    Free Member

I like that yer man George still looks pretty excited about it all.

I’m sure there’s an excuse for further attacks on the vulnerable cuts to help the nation’s finances here. What a bellend.

Hobster
    Free Member

Yep and just the excuse for another round of Quantative Easing.

matt_outandabout

Yep and just the excuse for another round of Quantative Easing.

Is that a euphemism for doing over the average citizen, the disabled or vulnerable, while lining the pockets of bankers and the wealthy?
    If so, we will be fine.

Hobster
    Free Member

In a nutshell yes.

Junkyard
    Free Member

So capitalism is still boom and bust
    Who knew?

footflaps

Hardly a crash, more a small correction.

Pigface
    Free Member

Got grazed knees at the moment, lets see if it really face plants.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Drac

I blame cbmotorsoprt and has huge investment into a guaranteed double your investment scheme.

binners

So capitalism is still boom and bust
    Who knew?

I can’t see how it can be. George rebalanced the economy so that it was no longer based on unsustainable housing bubbles, and credit led consumer spending

Oh… wait… hang on a minute…..

MoreCashThanDash

I think you’ll find Mr Brooooon abolished boom and bust?

matt_outandabout

Don’t worry. You can always invest yourself in buy to let.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Is the stock market crashing?

Yeeeeeessssssss!
    erm..
    Noooooooooooooo!
    Oh, hang on..
    Yeeeeeeesssssss!
    erm maybe..
    Noooooooooooooo!

Really? do you actually GAF?

matt_outandabout

But what will we do if CFH cannot sell his paperclips anymore~?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

can’t see how it can be. George rebalanced the economy so that it was no longer based on unsustainable housing bubbles, and credit led consumer spendin

That’s not what has caused the slide though is it.

scotroutes

Blame the Chinese. Their economy is having a blip so we all get a bit of a downer

ninfan
    Free Member

Is that a euphemism for doing over the average citizen, the disabled or vulnerable, while lining the pockets of bankers and the wealthy?
    If so, we will be fine.

It’s Ok, we’ll put the word “People’s” in front of it, then it will be fine…

project
    Free Member

BLAME Jeremey Corbyn, who shares the same initials as Jeremey Clarkson, and Jesus Christ.

All seen to be blamed for ills in society

Scapegoat

Not a bad time to buy though…..

miketually
    Free Member

BLAME Jeremey Corbyn

He’s already caused One Direction to split up…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Matt, start shorting drawing pins. NOW!

Ro5ey
    Free Member

The new normal

No ones allowed to put up risk anymore…. so markets move more violently.

But F£$£ me… not seen a move like that at the US open before in 20+ years…. S&P futures down 140 odd points just after the open, now “only” down 65ish.

Done pretty well…. but the firm as a whole is licking its wounds…. ouch

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yes, but only a little bit and who really GAF these days, it’s meant to be a indication of the ‘city’s’ optimism in the future but the city is no so far removed from the real economy it hardly matters – a dip over 12 months matters, a couple of days of panic selling meaning SFA to 99% of us.

mefty
    Free Member

A China led correction has been on the cards for some time, this is it – if China fails to deliver the right policy response then it would become much worse as everyone’s economy is still pretty fragile.

Sandwich

But what will we do if CFH cannot sell his paperclips anymore~?

Matt, start shorting drawing pins. NOW!

Bugger I went long on Post-It Notes.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Could someone please tell a simpleton how to take advantage of this development, in as few words as possible, please – I would like to become rich with as little effort as possible. Thanks. 🙂

roper
    Free Member

One word.

Blue tack.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Theflatboy, expect a call from my my advisor shortly.

theflatboy
    Free Member

That’s helpful, thanks – I’m very forthcoming so will tell him all he needs to know…

matt_outandabout

😆

Alphabet

Could someone please tell a simpleton how to take advantage of this development, in as few words as possible, please – I would like to become rich with as little effort as possible. Thanks.

Short sell shares now and then buy them back at a lower price later. Simples*

*The value of your investment may go down as well as up. Short selling can lead to unlimited losses, etc.

pk13

China put a lot pension funds into the market for the first time ever. And the Shanghai market lost 2.8 trillion $$ in 30 days.
    I think every rational person knew China just couldn’t keep on the way it was.

brooess
    Free Member

Stockpile food and water…

Damien McBride says it’s a biggie. What he knows that we don’t I don’t know!

Front page of FT.com should be avoided if you don’t like the idea of big problems either…

We’ll find out over the next few weeks but there’s far more going on than just the stockmarket crashing…

rene59
    Free Member

Hope whatever is coming is massive and leads to apocalyptic chaos. I could use a few weeks off work.

chewkw
    Free Member

If there is a massive apocalyptic chaos it will be no fun coz I do not have anything to defend myself or to shoot with … Damn!

I need at least a Daewoo K-2 or K-20 … 🙄

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Hope whatever is coming is massive and leads to apocalyptic chaos. I could use a few weeks off work.

It’s going to be a hard winter too.
    Apparently El Nino is playing silly buggers…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Is the stock market crashing?’ is closed to new replies.