Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Is the Stanton Switchback frame worth more than a BFE, both 650b of course
  • lyntonsmith
    Free Member

Looking to build up another hardtail. Is the Stanton frame worth £200 more?

frazchops
    Free Member

That’s £200 to put towards better buildkit, get the bfe.

lyntonsmith
    Free Member

Thats sort of what I am thiking. Will cover bearings and something else in bright silly colours….

nickwatson
    Free Member

I would disagree. Stanton frames are lovely. I bought a Sherpa over a Cotic Solaris, due to slacker head angles, and a tighter rear, hopefully making it more playful. From a purely cosmetic point of view, I think the paint jobs on the Stanton’s are much better too.

There is a good Stanton Facebook group, and there is a huge amount of love for the Switchback. If I was buying another HT, I don’t know anything that would beat it for the fun factor.

I’m not knocking Cotic, they make great bikes too, in fact the new Solaris is close to the Sherpa, but just feel the Stanton frames are on the next level.

Nick

sharkattack

I’d rather buy a Bfe and a Reverb. The black Bfe looks amazing in the flesh.

yacoby
    Free Member

Also – they are different bikes – Doesn’t it really depend on the geometry you want?

lyntonsmith
    Free Member

Just really interested in a HT that is slack with about 140mm travel.

I also already have a Reverb that will fit the Bfe.

johnhe

The BFe would get my vote. I think both are lovely, but equally lovely IMO. I don’t think one is worth more than the other.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Is the Stanton Switchback frame worth more than a BFE, both 650b of course’ is closed to new replies.