Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Is the something the STW mods aren't telling us?
  • oliverracing

So according to facebook, the Singletrackworld RS-1 link is related to some interesting stuff! 😯

mikewsmith
    Free Member

is that more to do with your browsing history? (It’s normally how all this works)

wwaswas

as above, it says more about you than stw…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    everyone
    Free Member

Should I be expecting an uncomfortable talk with the security services due to your new found opinions Oli?

MoreCashThanDash

Expect a knock on the door. A lad we know is doing his Masters in modern history (?) on extremism. MI5 were very interested in his browsing history. And very sympathetic when he failed the medical part of the job application.

plyphon
    Free Member

Curious how Facebook determines what to show in the “related articles” beneath content? Here is Facebook’s response:

“We have a set of different algorithms to generate related articles. These filter and rank based on the percent of related words, number of likes, click through rate, and domain related signals. It’s a newer product, so it’s still improving!”

So no, Facebook actually thinks that stuff is related to Rockshox RS1.

oliverracing

So no, Facebook actually thinks that stuff is related to Rockshox RS1.

definitely the case as I have gone through about 20 other facebook links and all give me stuff related to the link (eg funny cat videos, gives more funny cat videos) – I also got my housemate to check – he got the same related links, on both the wifi and the mobile networks!

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

That is shocking. ‘Colourway’ indeed. Something needs to be done

oliverracing

That is shocking. ‘Colourway’ indeed. Something needs to be done

I can’t agree more – the word colourway sends shivers up my spine!

everyone
    Free Member

Colourway did make me recoil in horror. I think someone at Singletrack towers needs privileges revoking.

nickjb
    Free Member

Could sort of understand if the fork was ISIS but it is post mount

teasel
    Free Member

it says more about you than stw…

That response says a lot about you…

teasel
    Free Member

“They mentioned that they do this about 100 times a week. And that 99 of those visits turn out to be nothing.”

🙂

Better to be safe and all that.

DezB
    Free Member

Could sort of understand if the fork was ISIS but it is post mount

My favourite bike-related joke of the week. 😆

teasel
    Free Member

Edit : Nope, my fail.

teasel
    Free Member

my fail.

Kind of. IS is the real standard not ISIS (a BB standard*) but whatever, whatever…I get the joke. 😉

But really bumped the thread to enquire as to the relevance of Brant’s post other than the obvious absurdity of search history coincidence and resulting ‘scrutiny’…

* I know, I know; bloody pedant!

wrecker
    Free Member

The phrase “black in pink” raised an expectant eyebrow. Is disappoint.

mick_r

Passed a guy at Grizedale a few weeks back riding a brand new Santa Cruz in similar black and pink “colourway” – was dying to ask why he was riding his wife’s bike….

scaredypants

dooods, there’s no “u” in colorway

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Is the something the STW mods aren't telling us?’ is closed to new replies.