Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • IS THE SANTA CRUZ VP FREE FRAME ANY GOOD AS A DO IT ALL BIKE?
  • Naruto
    Free Member

Hi, please could anyone with an experience of this frame tell me how good it is. I need a bike that goes up the hill well but can take hucking, drops and steep technical sections better than my Santa Cruz Blur LT.

Thanks,Matt.

deserter
    Free Member

the only one I've been near and played was a very capable descender built with fox 40's etc,wouldn't fancy climbing much with it though,thought it was pretty downhill specific tbh

Naruto
    Free Member

Thanks, it's good to hear from somone who has used it. Im not mad about going up hill quickly and i tend to do climbs seated. I just hate to push up if i dont have to. The Blur is great going up, but i still feel nervous going down at speed on it.

PJ266
    Free Member

Mark Weir used one for his 1 million feet of climbing in a year challenge, but that is Mark Weir, not your average rider.

deserter
    Free Member

would a nomad not be better,my opinion is there are a lot of bikes in between a blt and vpfree,it may be too big a jump if not using uplifts etc
    a nomad with a burly build would probably be a good compromise,I have an intense slopestyle that a lot of people seem to use in the manner that you want but again with a 9 lb frame I wouldn't go for a big day in the mountains,I am only using it at the bike parks with uplifts because I'm lazy 😉

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

No, pretty good as a dh bike. My mate had one and I definitely wouldnt have used it for all round/going up hills sort of stuff.

Nomad would be better I reckon.

Naruto
    Free Member

Wow Mark Weir used it to do that. I will check that out. I know what you guys are saying about the Nomad i just wanted to have the option og a double crown fork.

Pauly

I love my VP-Free but it's no all-mountain rig. Defo gravity only tbh.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘IS THE SANTA CRUZ VP FREE FRAME ANY GOOD AS A DO IT ALL BIKE?’ is closed to new replies.