Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Is the olympic mtb course open for riding?
  • strike
    Free Member

Is it open now/or will it be opened in current form to be ridden by Jo Public?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

it will be opened eventually but not in it’s current form

bigdawg
    Free Member

not at the moment – it will be in the future but it will not be in its current form – if only because part of the course went outside the farm and inot the country park behind it.

Whether or not all the features will be kept is still to be decided – prior to the race they put in barriers to stop people riding there – this could be done again and removed for racing – its gonig to depend I guess on how much demand there is / use it gets in the future – if theres a lot of demand then more chicken runs will be installed.

DezB
    Free Member

I enjoyed the racing, but it didn’t look like something I’d particularly want to ride. Is the appeal just to ride the olympic course and see how your time matches theirs?

njee20
    Free Member

I enjoyed the racing, but it didn’t look like something I’d particularly want to ride.

+1

I’d go and race on it, but it’s less than 3 miles, with no other obvious riding around, I’d not travel just to ride it.

Mark

Interesting isn’t it. I live 250 miles away and when it’s opened I’ll be planning a weekend trip down to ride it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’ll be going to ride it as well, as soon as possible! Those rock berms looked ace!

I’m also hoping that it can be kept as a race venue for the future. Would love to see XC world cup racing there.

crazy-legs

It’s not open at the moment, they’ll be taking away all the event infrastructure for the next few weeks.

brakes
    Free Member

there is a Junior National XC race scheduled to be held there in October.

bigdawg
    Free Member

I was chatting to some guys from germany over the weekend who asked the same question – theyre all planning to come and ride it too…

I think we’ve got a round of our local series pencilled in for next year too… Im aprehensively looking forward to it…

freeagent
    Free Member

I believe it is due to open to the public next year.
    They are going to re-model the course a bit, and add more trails, to make it a better riding experience for everyone.
    They are also building another cafe/pie shop for the STW riding gods to lean their Orange 5’s up against.

for those of you who aren’t to elite to ride Hadleigh Farm – there is also http://www.cyclopark.com/ about 40 mins away which has a reasonable little mountain bike trail (again not a lot of good for Elite riders, and the Cafe doesn’t sell pies) if you wanted to make a weekend of it.
    Bedgebury and Swinley are also within sensible driving distance..

I’m about 40 mins away and can’t wait to ride it…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Is the olympic mtb course open for riding?’ is closed to new replies.