Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)
  • Is 'The New Forum' here?
  • jambourgie
    Free Member

I just received a PM! I thought this technology didn’t exist on STW. Has The New Forum finally arrived? What other amazing things are there?

It’s like it’s 2004 already!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yes,
    No,
    Maybe.

Jamie
    Free Member

PMs have been here for a while.

They are badly implemented.

New forum is still coming.

Current ETA is unknown.

hammyuk
    Free Member

The whole f***** website is badly implemented – not just the PM function…..
    But apparently the forum is provided “free of charge to registered members…” so you shouldn’t expect a properly functioning site at all let alone any time soon 🙄

jekkyl

you’d think given the number of subscribers we’d have a decent forum eh?
    I’d love to see the ability to upload pictures as part of the susbscriber package.

Jamie
    Free Member

I dream of a quote button that actually quotes a post.

*looks into the middle distance longingly*

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Shares*

jekkyl

must be doing something right though Jamie, you were gone for over a year but then came back! What were you off doing in that time??

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

*Likes*

must be doing something right though Jamie, you were gone for over a year but then came back! What were you off doing in that time??

IT Guru for North Korean Dictator Kim.

kayak23

I dream of a button that takes you to your last read post.

But hey, on the bright side, there’s no signatures that you end up accidentally reading a million times as part of the main text.

Rachel

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What were you off doing in that time??

Time.

Jamie
    Free Member

must be doing something right though Jamie, you were gone for over a year but then came back!

It’s the people on here. Most are nobs, but a few good eggs.

Prison.

hammyuk
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Time.

Drugs…. mainly drugs…

simondbarnes

But apparently the forum is provided “free of charge to registered members…” so you shouldn’t expect a properly functioning site at all let alone any time soon

If you hate it so much then why not go elsewhere? Seems to work just fine to me.

CountZero

But apparently the forum is provided “free of charge to registered members…” so you shouldn’t expect a properly functioning site at all let alone any time soon

Care to provide us with links to fora that are better laid out and better to use, ‘cos frankly, I’ve yet to find one.
    Most are just endless lists of general subject titles that you have to wade through to find something relevant.
    And it is free of charge, I don’t pay anything to use it, yes, I’m registered, but that’s a requirement of every forum, doesn’t cost anything. This is the only forum I’ve ever spent any significant time on, because it’s a hugely varied site with an enormous amount of combined knowledge, and is frequently hugely entertaining.
    I think I first registered in 2003…

Bregante

binners

simondbarnes

What CountZero said.
    Been registered since a bit after the first SITS I think so that would have been around 2001!

cloudnine
    Free Member

He took a year off the forum to ride his bike..

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Wot CZ says, I think it works perfectly.

Moaning faced ****.

Jamie
    Free Member

Care to provide us with links to fora that are better laid out and better to use, ‘cos frankly, I’ve yet to find one.

There’s really no point.

See above post for reason why.

Cougar

you’d think given the number of subscribers we’d have a decent forum eh?
    I’d love to see the ability to upload pictures as part of the susbscriber package.

It’s in the pipeline. I visited STW Towers a couple of months ago and got shown an insight into the forum, despite looking basic it’s massively complex under the hood. “Just implement a new forum” is as gross an oversimplification as “why can’t we just leave the EU?”

I doubt that photo hosting on STW is going to happen; it’s a conscious decision not to. It’s not a decision I agree with, but I understand why it’s been made.

legend
    Free Member

It’s in the pipeline

2 moar weeks

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s in the pipeline

How long is this pipeline?

But in all seriousness, I really don’t care. It’s just one of those things that have been going on for so long it’s slipped into meme territory.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Don’t care? 5 posts would suggest otherwise….. :mrgreen:

hammyuk
    Free Member

Its been in the pipeline for a long time though Cougar.
    Reason I dumped the P – severe lack of functions over other forums, poor implementation of things, constant bugs, crashes, etc made it no different to not having the P and its “extra functions”.
    The shear number of complaint posts on here goes to show how bad it is and thats not counting the rogue ads ones.
    They can’t get it running right with paid subscriptions, ad revenue and a staff (when so many others can do it right as a hobby/owners club/fan base/etc) – so I won’t hold my breath over how long the “pipeline” is.

Jamie
    Free Member

Don’t care? 5 posts would suggest otherwise…..

I could post several times in a thread about fish finger sandwiches, but that wouldn’t mean I care about them.

FWIW, tomato sauce, lettuce, tomato, sliced gherkin and Champion brown bread.

shermer75
    Free Member

I’m not a fan of the new ‘mobile optimised’ stuff but I really like the forum’s simplicity of use- you don’t have to wade thru endless ‘rooms’ which keeps you interested and the signature comment above is soooo true- I hate those.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

:mrgreen:

perchypanther
    Free Member

I want a post count.

I must WIN the prize.

km79
    Free Member

Don’t care? 5 posts would suggest otherwise…..

You would think there is a prize for the amount of individual posts or something.

Balls. 4 secs.

Jamie
    Free Member

I want a post count.

No

Jamie
    Free Member

I want a post count.

Chance

perchypanther
    Free Member

…..of me losing?

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Post count would be good. Could be a Strava challenge.

wwaswas

*tick*

(Oooh, I got all nostalgic for the old forum typing that).

Returning to a thread where I last posted is top of my list…

Jamie
    Free Member

*glitchy bump*

scotroutes

whitestone
    Free Member

Whenever this comes up (it’s happened on UKClimbing as well) the moaners are asked to provide a link to a forum that meets their criteria. I’ve yet to see one provided that is anywhere near the quality of what they are complaining about.

So come on Jamie, let’s have a gander at a “good” forum. Also how about you explain *why* it is better.

Northwind

Nobody else finds the forum software’s shitness to be part of the appeal? It’s like giving up phones and doing all your communications via 2 tin cans and a string, ace.

hammyuk – Member

Hey, we got a separate buy and sell section, progress is irresistable.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

@ Whitestone, Mumsnet!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘Is 'The New Forum' here?’ is closed to new replies.