Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Is the Murdoch paywall failling?
  • grahamh
    Free Member

So there are now advertising £1 for 30 days access, big difference
    from the starting price of 20p a day or £1 a week.
    Must be the takeup is very low, so need to desperately boost the profits.

eth3er
    Free Member

I saw the tv spots and wondered the same. The ads put me way off and I wasn't interested to begin with.

allthepies
    Free Member

Hahahahaha

etc

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What's this about? something do do with that lovely Australian chappie who has an obscenely unhealthy amount of influence in British politics?

eth3er
    Free Member

As per ATP I also meant to say muwhahahahaha

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

He started charging foe his newspapers websites. Surprisingly it looks like no one paid up

mrmo
    Free Member

I just can't believe that non of our politicians has the bollocks to deal with news corp, and how did they allow one person the level of influence?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

scared of him ( Labour)

In his pockets ( conservative)

Not enough influence ( Lib Dems)

luked2
    Free Member

I tried it for a while. But at £2 per week it wasn't good enough to justify.

STW is much better anyway.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Labour are a bunch of **** shitters who all need clearing out and start again. Oona King for Mayor of London? I'd rather vote Boris. A true 'Blair Babe', she got in in Tower Hamlets with the promise of regeneration, education and housing, and was ousted by Gorgeous George, leaving very little in the way of 'regeneration' other than private commercial development, virtually no adult education and a greatly reduced college facility, and an even bigger housing problem. ****. Had she stood as a Tory I'd have more respect for her. At least you'd expect her to be a ****.

Put me in charge. I'd steer this ship back into calm waters. And I'd get the economy going again too.

I'd invade Australia. Tremendous mineral wealth, and a relatively small population. We'd shit 'em!

Come on, who's up for it? Bunch of cowards the lot of you! All talk and no **** action!

Hic.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nah – invade France – the foods better, its closer and the looting would be better

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh yes because subjugating 65 million French speakers is going to be really easy, isn't it? 🙄

Nah. Australia. And you could have the Kiwis as well, as a little bonus.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I'm not sure whether Murdoch considers that the Times paywall has 'failed' as he wants to extend it to the News of the World.

All the evidence suggests that readers of serious newspapers are more likely to pay over the odds for their news, than the readers of popular tabloid papers. So if it's failed for the Times, then it's even more likely to fail for NoW.
    I suspect that Murdoch is happy with the way it's gone for the Times.

BTW, whilst it's obviously always nice to gloat if Murdoch's feckedup, I would get no pleasure from seeing the Times in trouble – it's still one of my favourite newspapers. Murdoch tends not to have a hands on approach with the Times, as he very much does with the Sun.

As far as why Murdoch has been allowed to develop such an overwhelming grip on the British media is concerned, I reckon all politicians fear him – including the Tories.

TiRed

Google Chrome Independent add is is your friend

vinnyeh

As far as why Murdoch has been allowed to develop such an overwhelming grip on the British media is concerned, I reckon all politicians fear him – including the Tories.

Ofcom expected to review News Corp's bid for Sky

epicyclo

Invade Oz?

Bah, they'd roll you pussies up in ten minutes, then fill you up with beer, shag your women, and give you Kiwiland as a consolation.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Is the Murdoch paywall failling?’ is closed to new replies.