Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Is the maker of this video a member on here? (perfect ride video content)
  • Wu-Tangled

Been meaning to ask for a while, is the author of this fine fine little film a member on here?

If so, I'd like to get in touch with him…I really would like to get hold of a copy I can play on a dvd player.

Thanks for looking.

xc-steve
    Free Member

the odd rear wheel drift

AKA a skid!

I'm confused what's the point in a MTB if you can ride all that on a CX bike?

Edit: forgot to say nice video makes me want to make a similar style film but I'd be too distracted by riding to stop and start all the time!

noteeth
    Free Member

Sorry, don't know who made it… but it's lovely.

thv3
    Free Member

Andy Wardman is a ranger at Glentress, so probably best trying to contact him that way.

Nice bloke too by the way.

cyclistm
    Free Member

I think he is a member over on veloriders.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Great vid!

njee20
    Free Member

Agreed, nice to see something different from the 'gnarlcoreradfest' that most videos try to portray, that flows nicely. He's a decent rider too.

mtbfix

Smooth riding. Makes one's mtb skills look a little inadequate.

Wu-Tangled

"I'm confused what's the point in a MTB if you can ride all that on a CX bike?"

lol, well, that's something I've been increasingly coming to the conclusion of over recent years.

thanks for the Glentress pointer.

Wu-Tangled

There's just something about that vid that appeals to me. It pretty much sums up all I want out of a ride nowadays.

Perfect IMO.

Nick – you at the shop skiving? 😉

tron
    Free Member

I think the guy who made the vid posted it up on here. Try googling for that link on singletrackworld.com

soma_rich
    Free Member

Wu-tangled you can download it then write it to a DVD.

Is a very good video must have taken ages to get all the shots!

I want to have a go now!

Wu-Tangled

i'm not sure how to download that. and am not a member on vimeo. Anyone here help?

as for the cx ride, that's just how i like to ride now, cx on my usual mtb loop. Love that it changes your usual ride and tightens up your skills. They really are (nearly) all you need. 🙂

mikey74
    Free Member

Looks like fun. Can you cx on a standard road bike, with cx tyres?

"I'm confused what's the point in a MTB if you can ride all that on a CX bike?"

There is nothing particularly technical there though. A mtb comes into it's own when it's really rough, steep, and technical. Plus, it's just a different style of riding.

Wu-Tangled

there's something satisfying about overtaking a wiggle monkey on an enduro down a section of chalky techy south downs way on what is effectively a 70's racer with 30mm knobbly tyres and spds…..lol.

xc-steve
    Free Member

Do CX wheels require alot of attention then?

Wu-Tangled

I'm using Ksyrium Elites and they are holding up fairly well on local trails.

traildog
    Free Member

No, never had any problems with the wheels, (other than loads of mud in the bearings). But you have to be careful of the tubes when riding rocks and roots (if you're using clinchers).

lowey

What a great vid!

IHN

The guy got game, fo' sho'.

Excellent vid.

duntmatter
    Free Member

But there are leaves! And twigs! He needs 2.5" tyres and 6 inches of travel at each end or he'll die! He's skating on thin ice if you ask me.
    😛

Squidlord
    Free Member

That was lovely, thanks for posting it. I have some local singletrack that looks a lot like that. One day I'll ride it as gracefully…

PS: found this how to download a video from vimeo

DrDomRob
    Free Member

Am I silly for now questioning whether I should be saving for an Ibis Mojo or just getting a cyclo cross bike!!!!

I could defo get the cyclo cross bike a lot quicker and easier!

_tom_
    Free Member

I think he does post on here, I'm sure I saw it when it was first made and posted here.

It's a great vid, I wouldn't fancy riding anything like that on a road style bike!

rOcKeTdOg

great vid, but i love this one too, i dare you not to sing along!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/goodhank/4463969939

mdb
    Free Member

Cracking video and good skills on a CX bike. As said above its nice to see something a bit more familiar to "real everyday riding" but the video just makes it really enjoyable to watch.

Has inspired me.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member
    Northwind

Andy definately reads this thing from time to time but I don't think he's active, could be wrong though.

vdubber67
    Free Member

That's lovely. I particularly like the absence of bad goth metal or rubbish techno soundtrack that often accompanies bike vids.

duntmatter
    Free Member

Agreed!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Is the maker of this video a member on here? (perfect ride video content)’ is closed to new replies.