• This topic has 63 replies, 47 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by hora.
Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Is the Lance admission your worst moment of sport?
  • Caher

Roy Keane going walkabout in Saipan made my blood boil. Although the Lance thing will stop me believing in the tour.

Just to play devils advocate for a minute – Lance was obviously a cog in a machine. He won’t have funded/implemented the total manipulation of his bag of bones. OK, he didn’t have to do it, but there’s a bigger picture – and yes he is a liar, but he’s hardly going to admit it at first accusation.

Not defending him in the slightest, but as I said – bigger picture and all that!

john_drummer
    Free Member

No, CharltonSunderland beating Sunderland Leeds Utd in the FA Cup final was far worse.

FTFY 😉

either that or dodgy ref in Bayern’s pocket at Parc des Princes, 1975. we wuz robbed

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    labsey
    Free Member

Southgate missing that penalty in Euro 96 was my angriest moment but worst was the Simoncelli crash. I remember Senna but was too young to properly understand it.

I’m not really angry about LA. I get more frustrated when watching Newcastle United fail to turn up week after week.

donks
    Free Member

As a Norwich fan the Delia ” Lets be avin you” rant was car crash telly….( shudders) 🙂

igrf
    Free Member

Nope, my worse moment of sport was head butting the promenade wall hooked up to a 12 sqmtr traction kite, this, this is just like everything else these days, an overblown meejia fest. Not that I give a flying **** about Roadies or their pathetic racing, but it strikes me the dude just did what everyone else was doing in the period only he did it better and won. He still had to pump those pedals and I don’t suppose for one moment those ‘drugs’ did much more than benefit his arse by maybe 5%, who even cares, all it’s done for me is ruin a bit of Dodgeball the Movie…

Is road biking even regarded as sport?

rotten
    Free Member

Seeing John Cleland being taken out by Steve Soper at the final round of the BTCC 1992.

CountZero

votchy – Member
    96 died at Hillsborough, that was a very bad moment in sport

Quite possibly, but there’s also this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradford_City_stadium_fire
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkTFG9c1QfY&sns=em[/video]
    I saw it happen on live TV in the hifi shop I worked in on Saturdays. Four of us stood in shock, unable to quite believe what we were seeing.

rhbrhb
    Free Member

Agree with many of the above, esp Bradford, Hillsborough, Senna & Simoncelli, plus the Bobsleigh death at the Winter Olympics

This is up there too though, still painful to watch!:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkQvEHTyjAI[/video]

:O

john_drummer
    Free Member

CountZero – yeah, that’s a proper bad moment in sport. bad defeats pale into insignificance next to something like that.
    I had friends who were at that game. luckily they were in the Midland Road Stand so safe, but seriously traumatised

hamishthecat

I haven’t been through this thread so it may have bneen mentioned, but my worst moment of sport was when matey deliberately pulled back someone’s arm in a ruck last year until it broke. I should know the name but i haven’t paid so much attention to rugby since. He’s been selected for England and I am disgusted.(I’m nowhere near Tunbridge Wells either).

Pigface
    Free Member

Marco Simoncelli for me, still upsets me.

Hamish that would be callum clark a vile excuse for a sportsman

cynic-al
    Free Member

For me it’s entirely different to the various deaths and tragedies so I don’t compare them.

It’s calculated corruption, lying, and self preservation that appear to have no end. Deliberate acts that are entirely different to accidents.

So on a human level the Lance story is trivial in comparison but in terms of am individual’s effect on a sport it is more significant.

hora
    Free Member

Schummacher cheating Damon Hill out of being a double if not triple Champion.

Win at all costs, anyway..

neiloxford
    Free Member

cynic-al…that is where i am coming from. These death are truly terrible, but they are accidents. They do not undermine the sport in my eyes in the same way. I think you put the point very well.

marvincooper

Take the point about the deaths being accidents. For purely sporting travesties how about Ben Johnson, he was so pumped with stuff he was barely human. Marion Jones another athlete who was doped and ran for years winning everything. There are so many doping scandals across different sports it’s hard to think of one which is the worst. Lance is up there with the worst of them though thanks to his ongoing lies.

Spongebob
    Free Member

He’s only doing it so he can continue to ride competitively, but actually, the sensationalist news is probably intended to raise public awareness about the inevitable biography he’ll be bringing out. Well he needs a boost in his retirement some how!

The man has no shame!!! A disgrace to cycling, bringing the sport into disrepute.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Totally irrelevant.
    Just how does it affect my riding?
    Pro cycling won’t stop.
    therefore to say its anything serious is daft.

wrecker
    Free Member

I haven’t been through this thread so it may have bneen mentioned, but my worst moment of sport was when matey deliberately pulled back someone’s arm in a ruck last year until it broke. I should know the name but i haven’t paid so much attention to rugby since. He’s been selected for England and I am disgusted.(I’m nowhere near Tunbridge Wells either).

Calum Clarke. Now part of the England elite set up. It was disgusting and deliberate, but I dislike high tackles more. Clarke put the other players shoulder/arm at risk whereas high tackles can kill. One of the reasons I can’t stand the boks.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Personally, every time he comes on the TV I find myself saying “Oh just **** off and die why don’t you”.

With some force.

munrobiker
    Free Member

100 grown men take drugs for 3 weeks in July ten years ago whilst riding bicycles on a jolly round France.

It sounds silly, because it is- it’s bike riding, it’s not important at all. Just a bit of fun.

kudos100
    Free Member

100 grown men take drugs for 3 weeks in July every year whilst riding bicycles.

It sounds silly, because it is- it’s bike riding, it’s not important at all. Just a bit of fun.

fixed that for you.

schnullelieber
    Free Member

Mark Hughes’ equaliser in the 1990 FA cup final. On a more serious note: Heysel stadium.

hora
    Free Member

Who is going to allow Lance entry to their event?

Watch the snubs.

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Is the Lance admission your worst moment of sport?’ is closed to new replies.