Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Is the hope t-Rex available yet???
  • jonnyrockymountain

As title anyone

Phil_H

I cycles have some in according to their Facebook page

matther01
    Free Member

CRC are at least showing pics now…but still no stock. Been checking everyday, 3 times a day!

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Nah not yet, im supposed to have the 1st trex of the first batch.. Defo before next weekend though

st

In stock at The Velo Store in Stone, couple of mates have been in as they arrived this week.

martinxyz
    Free Member

lol

jonnyrockymountain

cheers, i’ll be ringing them in morning

rOcKeTdOg

Can u use a slx cassette or only xt-xtr & if so why, what’s the difference?

rOcKeTdOg

snakebite
    Free Member

well, do SLX come as separate rings or as a solid cassette?

sillyoldman

Think the t-Rex has a face which butts up against the Alu spider section of the XT/XTR cassette for support.
    SLX spider is smaller, so won’t fit.

rOcKeTdOg

Ah, right, cheers

teamslug
    Free Member

Mine just arrived..UKBikestore £53.00. Ordered Monday

domderbyshire
    Free Member

I have one ready to fit from 18 bikes, so they’re out there.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I thought SLX had a shorter alu spider (first three or so of the largest sprockets) and then was individual sprockets.

So why would the T-Rex not fit this? Surely with more loose sprockets you would actually have more options as to which sprocket to remove from further down the block?

enmac
    Free Member

Just got mine. Ordered from Leisure lakes yesterday.

julzm
    Free Member

Got one fitted to our orange five pro last week, running xt cassette. So far liking it v much

jruk
    Free Member

You need to remove the 17t and with slx it’s part of the smaller block. Needs to be xt or xtr. Which I discovered after ordering an slx cassette…

singlespeedstu

Picked on up from my LBS yesterday.
    Fitted it tonight along with a brand new chain, cassette and 30T wolftooth narrow/wide ring.

JPcapel
    Free Member

Rec. my order of 2 c/o CRC this morning (only gold left).

Will be fitting this weekend – will post next week on how well they work.

Going on a 29er hardtail – trek stache and Santa cruz TRc which with the vpp link has chain growth as suspension compresses.

Have shimano XT and SLX shadow + rear mechs. Am hoping easily to fit/make work…..running 1×10.

jambob67
    Free Member

Just got mine from UK bike store £53 black . fitted to orange 5 1×10 XT race face 34 narrow wide up front looking forward to seeing how it goes.

jonnyrockymountain

All set up on 29er 1×10 all XT with race face wide narrow 34t up front, liking it, although I did notice the loss of the 17t sprocket?

oldnick

jruk – Member
    You need to remove the 17t and with slx it’s part of the smaller block. Needs to be xt or xtr. Which I discovered after ordering an slx cassette…

The 3 long rivets are very soft and drill out easily, as I found out whilst liberating the 16t from an old SLX cassette to perfect my homebrew 1×10.

The 42t 1st gear came in at £29 (adapter, chainring bolts and chainring), and the chainring used only costs £9 to replace 🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Is the hope t-Rex available yet???’ is closed to new replies.