Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Is the Forest Of Dean uplift still going?
  • remedyflyer
    Free Member

I was down there today never saw a sign of it,plenty of D/Hillers pushing up.Maybe they should keep their granny ring on and they might beable to ride up the top of the runs.The runs were in good shape.Corkscrew was excellent bit rougher on Sheepskull.Dowies 2 was top draw.Looks like its never rained down there for ages,hope it stays like that. 🙄

jam-bo

so do you actually care? or just a chance to have a dig at people riding DH bikes.

you could argue the jeyboys should keep their brakes off on the DH's and they'd get to the bottom quicker…

GSuperstar
    Free Member

… plus I heard Bashguards are pointless.

tomhughes46

Think he's in the Alps for a few weeks.

remedyflyer
    Free Member

i was just wondering?Not having a go at D/hillers just dont understand why they cant ride up to the runs when they are on the same bike as me differance they take the granny ring of and get lazy or just are not fit enough you tell me?Leave the ring on and they might get alot more runs in on a day.

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

All the downhillers i know, ones that are good enough to race anyway, will whip the arse of the vast majority of riders in the fitness stakes too.

lister

I always preferred pushing my DH bike than wrestling it uphill.
    Didn't have a QR seatpost so got nasty sweaty backs-of-knees (especially with pads) and it gave me a chance to chill out, have a chat with my mates, smoke a tab or two, eat something and not sweat.

If they pedalled to the top then no doubt you'd complain that they were sat down at the top of the run to get their breath, drink, eat etc…they've gone DHing not XCing…

remedyflyer
    Free Member

They were not in the Forest of Dean today thats for sure.But i know what you mean to go fast you need to be fit as well thats what my point was.Dont expect people to ride back up Fort William but this is only the Forest after all.I am talking about people on full downhill rigs i am talking about people on Remedys/Stinkys/bullits/Nomads/Hardtails orange 555 that sort of thing.

remedyflyer
    Free Member

Should of read i am not talking about people on full downhill rigs.Too many runs today sight is going 😆

Goz
    Free Member

+ not enough fluid!

undapressure
    Free Member

Yeah, he's in the alps for 2 weeks. Did it last monday and he said it wouldn't be running for couple of weeks. Dates on his website.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

So who is to blame for the terrible dreadful braking bumps that appear on the FOD 'DH' tracks?

dasnut
    Free Member

passportes was great today!

remedyflyer
    Free Member

Cant be the Jeyboys they only have 160mm rotors.Maybe its the people with 203mm rotors those are big bikes to stop!but according to the guy above Downhillers dont use brakes very often so where have the braking bumps come from?maybe its the WILD BOAR at night looking for food!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Is the Forest Of Dean uplift still going?’ is closed to new replies.