Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Is the Eposure MaxxD/ 6 pack still the light of choice?
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

Or what I have I missed?
    I know it’s still light until late(ish) but just thinking aloud…

parkesie
    Free Member

Maxxd is the sweet spot for me thats what im going to get. 6 is just too big.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

depends what your using it for, commuting, canal towpaths, MTB trails with no corners, then great go for a maxxd. For proper twisty night riding in the woods, they’re not up much, I want to see where my eyes are looking, not where my bars are pointing.

YMMV.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I want to see where my eyes are looking, not where my bars are pointing.

To be fair, I have a Joystick mounted on my lid for exactly that reason.

mactheknife

Looking at a toro for this winter, will i be disappointed in the output. I really don’t need the light of a thousand suns and i have a joystick for my heed!

batman11
    Free Member

Maxx d and a diablo on the lid for me works a treat.
    Had the original six pack and when in a group found it caused to much shadowing for the riders in front!
    So god knows what the new one would do, probably just set them on fire lol.

Alex

Nick – I bought a Maxx-D a couple of years ago. It’s fantastic. If you go 2nd hand don’t get the one with the capacitive button, sent mine back as it was unreliable and was sent a new one with a proper button. I use the reflex setting and it’s pretty accurate.

It’s extremely bright. I use an older diablo on the helmet and the picks out where I want to go.

Evans generally do deals on last years model, so if you are looking for new might be a good start. Bought mine end of Aug when the deals were on. It’s 3200 lumens on max. As @batman says, any more and it’d set something on fire!

johnnystorm

I think Charlie the Bikemonger had 6 packs for £269 in his sale.

andysredmini
    Free Member

The sixpack is an amazing light. I bought one earlier this year for road riding as I got fed up or having to go slower than daytime due to not being able to see the road properly. I would get back after a 40 mile ride and not feel like I had been able to put enough effort in. I previously used a gloworm x2 which is 1500 lumen and very bright but going down an unknown muddy / gravely lane at speed it just wasnt bright enough. The six pack is like riding in the day. I can pretty much night ride at the same speed as in the day. Yes it’s a big light but it’s hardly a problem when it’s mounted. The reflex works well too. So many settings to choose from if you desire or set it and forget it.

jn49
    Free Member

+1 for the Six pack. It’s the schizz!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Off road yes. On road definitely not.

twojumpers

Looking at a toro for this winter, will i be disappointed in the output. I really don’t need the light of a thousand suns and i have a joystick for my heed!

No, the toro is a great light. I use mine in combination with a sirius and it perfect for the tight twisty trails I usually ride.

As with anything though, the more you spend, the brighter you get. Depends on your budget.

wildc4rd
    Free Member

6 Pack on the bars, Joystick on the lid. Aftersales with Exposure is a pure pleasure as well, as well as having them supporting at events like 24/12.

cp

6 Pack on the bars, Joystick on the lid. Aftersales with Exposure is a pure pleasure as well, as well as having them supporting at events like 24/12

the thing that puts me off exposure lights is that it seems that almost every owner/commentator has had experience of their ‘aftersales’…

johnnystorm

In part that’s down to the cost. I.e. I’ve had cheap lights fail but I’m not going to bother with trying to contact an ebay seller from china about it.

andysredmini
    Free Member

After sales for me involved me calling them to see if i could buy a spare part for a bracket i broke when my bike fell over. They sent me a whole new bracket free of charge.

coffeeaddikt
    Free Member

the thing that puts me off exposure lights is that it seems that almost every owner/commentator has had experience of their ‘aftersales’…

The Reson people have experience with ‘Aftersales’ is that rather than binning a chinese light and starting again, if something goes wrong they are just a call away in sussex where the lights are manufactured, and that carries on beyond the 2 year warranty.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve got a MAXX-D Mk8 and it’s brilliant, use it for normal night riding and 24hr stuff.

BFITH
    Free Member

Diablo on the lid – no need for owt else…. 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

Looking at a toro for this winter, will i be disappointed in the output. I really don’t need the light of a thousand suns

This is what I thought too, the Toro is great and lights the trail up better than I expected TBH.

longmover
    Free Member

MaxxD Mk9 here, in combination with a Sirius on my bonce there is plenty of light.

Painey
    Free Member

I’ve got the latest six pack on the bars and a diablo mk8 arrived yesterday to replace my ageing solarstorm on the helmet. I doubt I’ll need more light than that.

Have to say I’ve been very impressed with the reflex setting on the six pack.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

As above re the after sales, I’ve got a mk3 maxx d, it developed a bit of trouble at about 5 years old. Popped it the post and a week later i had my light back fixed foc. It’s now about 10 years old and otherwise going well.

andybrad

in reference to the toro.

Ive been using one on the bars with a diablo on the lid. The daiblo is equivalent to a standard Chinese light with the separate battery pack when run on full. However it only lasts just over an hour. Its good but could do with 2 hrs run time for me.

The toro works well. On high its great off road but very directional so you need 2 lights. The run times are fairly accurate but you have to leave it on charge over night to get 3 hrs on full from it. On the road the lower settings are fine and it lasts a while. Its nie having the screen on the abck which gives an accurate idea of whats left and preventing the dreaded wall of darkness mid decent.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Is the Eposure MaxxD/ 6 pack still the light of choice?’ is closed to new replies.