Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Is the bearing all the way in (Canyon bottom headset bearing)
  • postierich
    Free Member

Stupidly did not look before I knocked the old one out, should you be able to still see the bearing?
    Any Canyon owners out there willing to check their bikes?

DSCF2741[1] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

scaredypants

looks more in on one side than the other

… and for that reason, it’s out

granny_ring

Cant help you but wouldn’t have thought that is right as the bearings wouldn’t last at all I’d have thought?

sbob
    Free Member

It’s not really possible to say, without knowing Canyon’s production methods.
    The important bit is whether or not it is seated properly at the other side of the bearing, which will be a bit hard to tell now.

mangatank
    Free Member

From the image, the right hand side is definitely higher, and that’s a problem. If it’s that in reality then you’d be best to do something about it.

wwaswas

if the headtube’s shortish you should be able to feel/look from the top and see if the bearing is evenly seated against the, err, seat.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Dunno if this helps but here’s a Nerve with a Cane Creek bearing and original crown race :

I cant see the bearing. The race may look a bit off in the photo but is fine in the flesh.

sbob
    Free Member

From the image, the right hand side is definitely higher, and that’s a problem.

Only if the bottom of the head tube is perfectly square to the bore of the bearing seat, and it doesn’t need to be.

postierich
    Free Member

Checked with another Nerve and its the same! just got to sort out the play in the pivot bearings now! 😕

andyl
    Free Member

is that not the crown race anyway?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Is the bearing all the way in (Canyon bottom headset bearing)’ is closed to new replies.