Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Is the 2 hour trip from Bristol to Cannock worth it if it's pishing down?
  • boxfish
    Free Member

Visit planned tomorrow.

Have only been there once before when the trails were dry. If I want to ride in the rain, I can do so locally. Not sure if I CBA with the drive in crappy conditions.

Please feel free to (de)motivate me.

scruff
    Free Member

Not with the other riding within 2 hours of Brizzle.

boxfish
    Free Member

Yeah, I was thinking of popping over to the Mendips instead, or maybe a road pootle around North Somerset.

Ooh arr.

z1ppy

why would you head to Cannock when Wales is closer? (and more weather proof)

jam-bo

Not with the other riding within 2 hours of Brizzle.

This. South Wales, mendips, quantocks, exmoor and dartmoor. Why would you.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Like Scruff said. I’ve been there once, it was ok, exactly what I expected with more mud. Quantocks for Bristol for me tomorrow.

mrhoppy

It’s not worth it if its dry

boxfish
    Free Member

Supposed to be meeting an old friend there: Cannock is midway between us. He’s happy to make other plans if I bail, so there’s no guilt factor involved if I wuss out.

z1ppy

Fair point then, it’s damp up this way but not sodden

cakefacesmallblock

Daytime tomorrow doesn’t look too bad according to the beeb forecast, but it will hurl it down tonight ( of course, it’s Mayhem weekend ).
    Manmade trails at Cannock cope pretty well in the wet, though. If you’ve not ridden it and like trail centres, probably worth a look.
    Trail centres , for me are fine if you have a few friends from far flung cornesr who want to meet and ride together, but like you, I have natural stuff closer, which makes it all a much easier call usually.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Is the 2 hour trip from Bristol to Cannock worth it if it's pishing down?’ is closed to new replies.