Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Is Springsteen worth seeing?
  • SST
    Free Member

Or not?

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Yes , yes and more yes.
    I’m not even ‘a fan’ but would say he’s prob the best person I’ve seen live.

mrmoofo

yes, absolutely
    Saw him 25 years ago and he was amazing …

SST
    Free Member

He’s comming to Jo’burg in Feb. Tickets on sale tomorrow.

Edric64
    Free Member

Has he learned to sing yet ?

freeagent
    Free Member

Saw him 5 times in the late 80’s + early 90’s.
    Don’t miss your chance – he is an awesome live performer.

MrNutt
    Free Member

depends, are you looking for a long term relationship or just a quick fling?

Pigface
    Free Member

Yes

richmars

Yes.
    There’ll not be many more like him.

SST
    Free Member

I’ve always liked him, and missed him at Wembley in 85/86 with the Born in the USA tour.

chewkw
    Free Member

Throw your money my way … 🙄

mav12
    Free Member

voted best live act this year

you wont be disapointed , lucky enough to see him 5 times on the wrecking ball tour

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Has he learned to sing yet.

Glad I’m not the only one that’s noticed this. I don’t mind his music, but I’m a shit singer and he’s about my level.

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Worth seeing ?

ABSO “blooming ” LUTELY !

Can he sing ?

Compared to say one of the 3 tenors … No

But then again that’s not what he is known for

Don’t hang around buying a ticket as I’m sure they will go fast

Saw him twice on the Wrecking ball tour and 2 very different shows.. Both fantastic !

CountZero

Edric 64 – Member
    Has he learned to sing yet ?

🙄
    Having a technically great voice does not make someone a great performer or singer. Without emotion or commitment to putting a song across, it’s just karaoke. Neil Young doesn’t have a great voice, nor does Leonard Coen, nor do many other great artists, but there are many who can carry a tune but are characterless as performers.
    It’s funny how many fail to understand such a simple fact…

saleem
    Free Member

I went to see him a couple of months ago, I was surprised when I heard there was no supporting act but then he started and oh boy, he was brilliant. Played a 3 hour set. Had kids up singing with him as well. I’d not say I’m a fan. Would I got again, in a heartbeat. Truly fantastic.

chewkw
    Free Member

CountZero – Member

Having a technically great voice does not make someone a great performer or singer. Without emotion or commitment to putting a song across, it’s just karaoke. Neil Young doesn’t have a great voice, nor does Leonard Coen, nor do many other great artists, but there are many who can carry a tune but are characterless as performers.
    It’s funny how many fail to understand such a simple fact…

Aren’t we all supposed to grow out of this music thing?

Do we have to listen to music just to ensure we are alive?

Springteen … yes … still shite. The guy like to shout … go away please.

I don’t know why he keeps shouting. What’s his problem? Did someone damage his car?

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Yep, one of the best concerts I’ve seen, and the longest, it was a solid 3 hours plus with a “twist and shout” singalong to finish

saleem
    Free Member

Bobs fatt:
    Where did you see him?

fasthaggis

Aren’t we all supposed to grow out of this music thing?

Never heard that one before,what a strange notion.

Do we have to listen to music just to ensure we are alive?

I wouldn’t think so.

Are you a ghost ?

meehaja
    Free Member

Yes. Dylan can’t sing, but people are into his music. I grew up on springsteen and now try to see the E street band once a year with my dad. If you’re not sure, listen to the live in New york album.

anagallis_arvensis

Chewkw, you keep listenning to Justin Bieber he sings nice.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

No, absolute shite, you would be better off sending me the money, i will convert it to something more worthwhile, no wonder these silly old aged rock stars carry on when people continue to encourage them.

Ps. I haven’t a clue what I’m dribbling on about just adding a bit of balance to the thread !

IHN

Yes.

stanfree
    Free Member

Best live performer I’ve ever seen.

Dolcered

Bruce was a massive disappointment when I saw him at Glastonbury.
    Neil Young was superb though.

surfer
    Free Member

Seen him twice and he is one of the best live performers I have ever seen. You cant kill him with a stick! once he is on stage he play for hours and you will be exhausted at the end, but in a very good way!

MrNutt
    Free Member

Neil Young doesn’t so much sing as sneeze, he’s damn good at it though.

bazingaeuan

Absolutely. Saw him (well I don’t remember it too well) at Glasto 09. Brilliant.

glenp
    Free Member

Flat out the greatest live performer I have seen. Not just Bruce (Bruuuuuce) but the E Street Band too – what an outfit. These guys can change gear at will and go from massive orchestrated/chorused sound to intimate/delicate/spare – and all the while Springsteen will hold the audience in the palm of his hand.

On top of all that he has a huge repertoire of brilliant songs. The man is a poet. Really.

DezB
    Free Member

Having a technically great voice does not make someone a great performer or singer

Well said. It ain’t the bloody X Factor.

Don’t like Springsteen though. And wouldn’t see anyone for more than £20, especially in massive venues like he plays.

samtheman
    Free Member

Without doubt he, and the E-Street Band (even without Clarence) are the most awesome live act I’ve ever seen.
    Seen him a few times in recent years. The guy’s energy on stage is mind blowing, Springsteen’s in his mid-sixties – there are musicians a third of his age who can’t move around like him.
    Like others I don’t like paying through the nose for tickets to see high profile bands, but with Springsteen I wouldn’t give it a second thought, it’s value for money, every time.
    Regardless of whether or not you like his music, everyone needs to witness a Springsteen gig – no one else compares!

glenp
    Free Member

There aren’t many acts that can carry a football stadium and still make everyone in the crowd feel as if they are being performed to personally. The Boss can.

DezB
    Free Member

Regardless of whether or not you like his music, everyone needs to witness a Springsteen gig

That’s just silly! 😆

john_drummer
    Free Member

I wouldn’t but I’m not a fan.

If you are a fan then yes

samtheman
    Free Member

😀 Just seen his line up for 2014. Know where my salary’s going next year then…

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

yeah i saw him at Glastonbury and he bored the ar*e off me too……

but then again i’m not a big fan…….i waited two hours for Born To Run, then when he did finally play it i was in the bogs!

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

He’s a great performer , no doubt . My problem is that you are only likely to see him at a football stadium or similar where he’s so far away you just end up watching on the big screen , so then you think I might as well be watching on my TV .

chewkw
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis – Member

Chewkw, you keep listenning to Justin Bieber he sings nice.

Errmmm … but I stop listening to music/songs, all of them, etc since the 90s.

sadmadalan

Saw him on the Born in the USA tour (Leeds Roundhay Park) in the ’80’s and took my 21 year old son to see him this year at the Olympic Park. Both were great shows – he is a true showman.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Is Springsteen worth seeing?’ is closed to new replies.