Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Is Somerset full of numpties?
  • matt_outandabout

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-34107598

Somerset seems to feature regularly. 😉

Do you know how much water I need to cook super noodles? (Stevenage Borough Council)
    What are the rules and regulations for hosting a mouse race? (Somerset County Council)
    Can I exercise my kestrel on your tip? (Nottinghamshire County Council)
    A call from an elderly lady asking for help on her crossword. Seven letters, James Bond’s cat-loving nemesis, begins with B? (Staffordshire County Council)
    What is the daily room rate at the Holiday Inn express? (Stevenage Borough Council)
    What size tin is required for the Mary Berry strawberry tart featured on the BBC’s Great British Bake Off? (Somerset County council)
    I met a boy whilst on holiday in Ibiza, but I’ve lost his number. He said he lived in Nottingham and his dad is a bin man, do you know him? (Nottinghamshire County Council)
    How many geese are on the boating lake in Cleethorpes this year? (The caller wanted to visit but had an allergy to feathers – North East Lincolnshire Council)
    What time does your website close? (Poole Borough Council)
    How high is Mount Kilimanjaro? (Somerset County Council)

rOcKeTdOg

slow day at work Matt?

matt_outandabout

Very.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Can I exercise my kestrel on your tip?

Proper Bo’ I tells thee…….

brooess
    Free Member

I don’t know if people have always been this thick or whether we’re just finding out these days now the internet reveals what’s going on in peoples’ heads.

Either way, I’m not hopeful for the survival of the human race 🙂

cheekyboy
    Free Member

What time does your website close? (Poole Borough Council)

Fantastic 😀

tang
    Free Member

Two of my brothers live there, so yes.

phiiiiil

I used to have a computer graphics card made by a company whose website support forum was only open during American office hours, even though it was just a bog standard web forum. It was a right pain…

beej

I want to hold a mouse race now.

IdleJon

Do you hold the correct licence?

drlex
    Free Member

Yes; yes it is. It is home to people who ring 999 for vicious badgers and hungry squirrels. Also, when dining provisions are sub-par.
    -Resident of Ciderspace for the last two decades.

“this is a rat racing licence, with the word ‘rat’ crossed out and ‘mouse’ written in in crayon”

beej

Do you hold the correct licence?

I’m not sure, where can I find out the regulations?

nickjb
    Free Member

If not the council, who would you ask regarding the licencing of events? Seems a reasonable first place to go.

rocketman
    Free Member

[sweepinggeneralisation]Not so much numpties as old people[/sweepinggeneralisation]

The inlaws phone us and ask the most incredible questions. Mind = blown

rob2
    Free Member

I don’t know about numpties, but I live in Somerset and clearly driving tests don’t apply here as no fecker can drive properly. People stop on main roads to allow traffic to join from a minor road. Insane.

nickjb
    Free Member

People stop on main roads to allow traffic to join from a minor road. Insane.Polite

You get let out of side roads or allowed to merge with traffic far more frequently than in the SE. Really don’t much care for driving there when I go back. Much prefer the less frantic and more polite ways of the west country folk.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

My mum doesn’t live in Somerset and once asked when we were on a canal boat going slowly against a strong headwind if our lack of progress was “because we were going up hill”
    She’s still the Stupid Question champ IMO

Oh and last night she phoned me to ask if I knew about something I’d emailed her about because she though I might not have read the email.

austen

It might have been one of m neighbours asking about the mouse racing. It was a massive drunken fundraiser in the village pub. Friends from Oxford couldn’t believe what they were watching…

I’m not aware of any regulations being broken, the mice were in no way harmed (just a bit deaf at the end of the evening).

rob2
    Free Member

Nickjb – the road in question is the a38 so bear in mind people are trundling down at 60mph, then people drop their anchors to let people in. Or even to allow cars to cross. I’m all for polite but the a38 between Taunton and Wellington is downright insane – as evidenced by the frequent road closures for accidents. (Last one on Friday no less).

bikebouy
    Free Member

What size tin is required for the Mary Berry strawberry tart featured on the BBC’s Great British Bake Off? (Somerset County council)

This winz.

kristoff
    Free Member

Yes Matt we are, we all live here for the simple life and polite nature of most residents 🙂

matt_outandabout

😆

silverbirchdan
    Free Member

Well I live in Somerset, and despite being a raging pervert, I most definitely am not a numpty.

thejesmonddingo

Actually it’s not full of numpties,there’s room for a few more in there 😕

Moe

I moved from Somerset to Suffolk 10yr ago and there are just as many numpty drivers over here (if not more due to American air bases) but there is a lot more space and straighter roads which makes it a little easier to bear. Certainly don’t miss getting about in the South West.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Nope we’re not numpty’s……we’re just mostly smashed on scrumpy….

Moe

I stopped by the Trading Post near Ilmister on the way back last week to get a few bottles of Burrow Hill and found they were also selling Ham Hill cider, can highly recommend the ‘Early Drop’

drlex
    Free Member

That’s on my commute, but fortunately closed when I pass it.
    Try the Burrow Hill cider brandy if you can – delish!

antigee

“brooess – Member
    I don’t know if people have always been this thick or whether we’re just finding out these days now the internet reveals what’s going on in peoples’ heads.”

yep you can get idiocy delivered to your screen from anywhere in the world – you used to have to use public transport to experience how bizarre some people can be

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Is Somerset full of numpties?’ is closed to new replies.