Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • is smudge about? He may be able to help me out
  • Pook

with a little lighting problem.

Seems my DX P7 circuit board has succumbed to late 80s Yorkshire TV weatherman, Bob Rust….

smudge
    Free Member

Sorry for the delay… Yes I am 8)

grtdkad

Hi-jacked post, sorry!

Smudge – can you help / advise please?
    I have been running a Trail Tech SCMR16 light for the last 12-mths or so … riding a couple of nights a week. Have two batteries (11.1v 6600mAh) where the performance for both has dropped from over 2-hrs to around 1-hr (each).
    Is this the effect of the cold weather and should I expect performance to improve as the Spring kicks in? or are they both knacked?
    The batteries have not been abused at all – sadly following guidance for charging/storage etc
    Would welcome your guidance…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    smudge
    Free Member

Hi grt,
    For both to drop off signifinctly it could be due to the cold weather, but temps havent really been consistantly bad. see how they go over the next couple of weeks and if they are still in the same state you could send them to me for checking over. I can put them on a full charge/discharge at a constant rate to see how they both perform.
    It also depends on the brand of cells inside.
    But feel free to email me direct

grtdkad

Thanks Smudge
    I'll keep an eye on them over the coming weeks. Depending on the outcome I may be interested in one of your
    stock batteries – really looking for dependable lights for >2hrs.
    Accepting that may be difficult with 1850lumens though….I'll be in touch.

Could mtbbatteries supply with a TrailTech female connector fitted?

smudge
    Free Member

No Worries,
    I'm pretty sure I have a spare trailtech lead, if not I could swap one from youre suspect batteries onto it. but we can cross that bridge when we get to it.

Smudge

grtdkad

Thanks Smudge do you stock a battery that would last longer than the 6600mAh? Sorry just a bit ignorant with such matters?

smudge
    Free Member

Hi grtdkad,
    I use 2.6Ah Cells so the pack would be 7.8Ah for the same shape size as youre existing Trailtech one.

grtdkad

Great. Does that mean apart from 7.8Ah there could be a 10.4Ah? Perhaps bottle mounted?

I just recall the red warning light coming on half way through a lap at mayhem last year and I'm trying to avoid similar this year.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘is smudge about? He may be able to help me out’ is closed to new replies.