Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Is she really going out with him…
  • verses

I’ve read the headline and article several times, then checked that the date isn’t 1st April, but apparently I’m not hallucinating…

Rupert Murdoch and Jerry Hall announce engagement

martinhutch

He’s like catnip for the laydeez. For some reason.

bencooper
    Free Member

He’s an 84-year-old billionaire – it’s true love of course, has to be.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Tell me miss Hall what did you see in the multi billionaire who’s looking older every day…

fasthaggis

Did she answer his Advert ?

mrsfry
    Free Member

Comes a time in everyones life when they have one thing on there mind

‘Free in home nursing care’

mt
    Free Member

“So Ms Hall what first attracted you to the 84 year old billionaire Rupert Murdoch” To paraphrase Mrs Merton.

dragon
    Free Member

Gives a certain T Blair a new challenge at least 😉

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

@mt Jerry Hall is surely not short of cash, but who knows what goes on in these circles, it certainly seems odd. She must like the older man, no?

footflaps

Gives a certain T Blair a new challenge at least

🙂

Do you think he’ll be invited to the wedding?

badnewz
    Free Member

For some women power is the ultimate attraction.
    Vile couple.

stewartc
    Free Member

Two very rich people, meet while doing rich people things, just like any of us but with out all the money. Genuinely interested, but once you reach 60, is 80 too old?

john_drummer
    Free Member

I thought this was a thread about the song New Rose.

Is disappoint

footflaps

Two very rich people, meet while doing rich people things

Hunting peasants, they both speared the same hobo and it was love at first kill…..

jambalaya
    Free Member

Genuinely interested, but once you reach 60, is 80 too old?

Yes the physical and mental differences between 60 and 70 (never mind 80) is far greater than 30 and 40.

I always saw Jerry as pretty decent no nonsense Texas girl, used to see her around Richmond quite a bit and I thought she was pretty cool on “who do you think you are”. This engagement makes my stomach turn for a whole variety if reasons

Klunk
    Free Member

should be an interesting “prenup”.

slowoldman

Is she really going out with him…

Is she really gonna take him home tonight?

spud-face

john_drummer – Member

Is disappoint
    +1

verses

john_drummer – Member

Is disappoint
    Sorry, I was going for the Joe Jackson vibe as slowoldman spotted.

dannyh
    Free Member

Ahhhhhh. Young love. The romance of an unlikely couple triumphing over adversity in their love and unstinting devotion to one another……

(Projectile vomits copiously and is left dry-retching on hands and knees).

Vile people. They deserve each other.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Maybe the physical exertion will be too much for him…

…I don’t wish anyone dead, but I’d certainly see RM incapacitated.

Harry_the_Spider

Good luck to the pair of them.

Remember that ancient billionaire who tried to euthanize himself with Anna Nicole Smith? She was happy to do it. He was happy to have it done to him. It is a shame that the rest of his family and their lawyers didn’t agree.

Maybe Rupert has decided enough is enough and this is a more attractive option than a one way trip to Switzerland. Even at her age she probably still more than capable of killing him stone dead with a vigorous bout bedroom based Texan leg wrestling. If you are going to go you may as well do it in style and with a lady who can afford an expensive legal team to sort out the mess once the deed has been done.

Alternatively there could be a genuine attraction. He likes tall elegant younger women and she likes shrivelled-up little men, after all she was with Mick Jagger for a long time.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Sorry, I was going for the Joe Jackson vibe as slowoldman spotted.

Spotted it too, one of my favourite artists back in the day. Was sad to miss him 10 years ago when he played Guildford Civic Hall.

Pretty women out walking with gorillas down my street ….

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Harry – if they married it would be in the US with a binding prenup, the Anna Nicole case the family tried to challenge the prenup. It’s an ego trip for Murdoch, I don’t get it from Jerry’s POW.

sands
    Free Member

verses – Member
    Rupert, Murdoch and Jerry Hall announce engagement

It’s still an unexpected ‘ménage à trois’

wwaswas

As has been noted elsewhere it’s even more baffling when you realise she doesn’t need the money.

ninfan
    Free Member

I can think of worse ways to go!

bencooper
    Free Member

Keep thinking of this, for some reason:

sandwicheater

I’m more annoyed I can’t remember which Earthed DVD that song is used in. Driving me crazy it is. I know what i’ll be doing this evening unless some kind soul tells me.

slowoldman

Mind you, I might be prepared to let him shag me for what Jerry’s getting out of the deal.

Andy-R

stewartc – Member 
    Two very rich people, meet while doing rich people things, just like any of us but with out all the money. Genuinely interested, but once you reach 60, is 80 too old?

I reached 60 a few years ago and yes, 80 is too old.

avdave2

she likes shrivelled-up little men,

Hope for me yet

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

He’s one of the few people in the world that i resent being happy so I’m against this purely on the grounds that he wants to do it. Although on the other hand his continued health and happiness does provide empirical evidence against the existence of karma. I’m so conflicted 😕

mt
    Free Member

“Vile people. They deserve each other.”

You met them then?

Harry_the_Spider

Keep thinking of this, for some reason:

It’s him who is in danger.

#PrayForRupert

boxelder

Escalating plastic surgery bills to clear?

forzafkawi
    Free Member

Phew! After Bowie popping his clogs I thought Joe Jackson had gone too! 😀

longwayhome
    Free Member

In the same vein as the “The Witch/Thatcher is Dead” threads, I am dusting off my dancing shoes in preparation.

@mt Jerry Hall is surely not short of cash, but who knows what goes on in these circles, it certainly seems odd.

Two very rich people, meet while doing rich people things, just like any of us but with out all the money.

As has been noted elsewhere it’s even more baffling when you realise she doesn’t need the money

BBC site says Jerry Hall is only worth $15 million compared to Murdoch’s $11 billion, which means there could be a financial dimension in it for her.

verses

BBC site says Jerry Hall is only worth $15 million compared to Murdoch’s $11 billion, which means there could be a financial dimension in it for her

I guess there’s also a difference between being worth 15mill and being able to lay your hands on 15mill.

Junkyard
    Free Member

its not news that two folk want to marry
    That i dont like one of them does not make me even vaguely interested in this Celebrity tittle tattle news.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Is she really going out with him…’ is closed to new replies.