Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Is rockshox RCT3 adjustment fundamentally different to fox CTD
  • charliemort

I always thought with CTD (although I’ve not used it) that climb was pretty much locked out, trail used nearly all the time , and descend for long gnarr descents

From what I’m reading in RCT3 it’s a bit different – open position is for normal riding, middle position a sort of half way lock out, then a firm climb setting

Have I got that right?

Got some pikes and at first was riding round in the middle setting thinking they were a bit harsh / not getting much travel

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I don’t know why you’d want your forks ‘firm’ for climbing.

si66
    Free Member

You’re spot on
    CTD is as you described
    Pikes are open,partially locked or locked
    Open is for normal riding

charliemort

thanks

is the same on a monarch shock then?

bigjim

the rct3 is open, threshold, or closed. the threshold is pretty useful, solid when climmbing but opens for big hits, so not the same as the fox setup as i understand it

roverpig

I don’t know why you’d want your forks ‘firm’ for climbing.

I’ll lock the forks out for any smooth (e.g. fireroad type) climb. If I’m trying to get to the top as efficiently as possible I can’t see why I’d want to dump energy into my forks. Obviously it’s a bit different for a technical climb.

As for the RCT3 I tend to use it open or closed and rarely use the trail setting. With CTD I used T and C but never touched D. Mind you that was a 2013 Evolution model and descend dived like a dolphin.

jaylaz73

Anyone else have any problems with their rct3? I had to return my first one, which came on a five, as it was knocking badly through its travel. Felt like a loose wheel or pivot. Rockshox replaced the shock with an identical new one, unfortunately after about six weeks it’s gone the same way and I’m off to the shop once again to have it sent off. Very disappointed or am I just very unlucky?

charliemort

disappointed and unlucky I’d think

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Is rockshox RCT3 adjustment fundamentally different to fox CTD’ is closed to new replies.