Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Is parcelforce the same as Royal Mail??
  • julzm
    Free Member

Just returned a set of forks that I’d ordered, but sent them parcelforce. Are they likely to take the same approach as royal mail’s nonsense?

postierich
    Free Member

Errr yes my fork collection is growing nicely!!! 🙂
    What is this RM nonsense you speak of?

julzm
    Free Member

Sorry postierich I’m referring to to reports that Royal Mail have destroyed shocks and forks claiming them to be dangerous items. I sent some today by parcelforce ….do you think they will be ok?

singlesteed
    Free Member

Also sent some today but had no interrogation blasted upon me so guessing they’ll be alright.

They wanted £15 or so more for cover up to £300!! I politely declined.

scaredypants

have destroyed taken and flogged shocks and forks claiming them to be dangerous items

nah, surely they wouldn’t do that ?

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

No I’ve found PF to be very good with forks. They delivered my new set no problems, collected them when they had to go back as they were the wrong ones and then re-delivered the correct ones. Same driver each time and a really nice helpful bloke when the shop failed to deliver replacement forks when collecting the wrong ones, he called the depot to check they weren’t on another van.

Edit: I also use them when selling stuff on EBay and have never had an issue (touch wood)

robfury
    Free Member

Yes and no! Parcelforce is part of the royalmail group but ran separately.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

No they are not the same.Parcel force are a lot more hairy fairy when they collect from POs.Forks are to large to send with RM.Parcel force is fine with them.It will cost you £12.98 for 48hrs.Not cheap by a long way.RM standard parcel service a few years back was brill but Hay Ho that has gone by the wayside.Sent a pair out last Thursday got there fine 😉

robfury
    Free Member

Hairy fairy ?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Is parcelforce the same as Royal Mail??’ is closed to new replies.