Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • is my seatpost wierd or my saddle?
  • tehtehtehteh
    Free Member

I have one of these:

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/SPPXCARBH/planet-x-black-head-carbon-seat-post

my saddle is a specialized toupe and the angle of the rails is such that I can’t get it level, the seatpost clamp will just not give me enough rotation, my previous saddle had more angled rails and I had no problem getting it level

do I need a new seatpost?

Spin
    Free Member

Have you tried turning the cradle round?

tehtehtehteh
    Free Member

the two bolts are different, one threads into the seatpost from the top down, the other threads into a cylindrical piece from the bottom up, which sits in a slot, no way to turn it around

TiRed

The top down bolt is for fine adjustment. Tighten up the bottom-up to clamp he saddle and adjust the front bolt. Some posts have a knurnled wheel on the front bolt.

tehtehtehteh
    Free Member

yeah I’ve got a front knurled bolt with a hex in the middle, good thing the saddle has a cutout to expose the hex because I wouldn’t be able to turn it with my fingers – way too tight

no matter what I do the saddle is nose up unless I leave the main bolt at the rear too loose to ride on

matt_outandabout

What bike?

tehtehtehteh
    Free Member

planet x xls

lunge

I’ve got the same post but no cutout in my saddle. The way I set mine was to adjust the front bolt using my fingers with the back bolt loose then tighten the back to the correct torque. It took a few attempts the get the angle right but it wasn’t too difficult in the end.

tehtehtehteh
    Free Member

I have tried this and the top plate needs to bend in order for the back of it to make contact with the rails, I torqued the back bolt to about 2 newtons and tested the front and it was clicking straight away at 6, so I’m a bit scared to go full 4 newtons at the back, I feel like either the front bolt will strip / shear or the top plate will crack

lunge

In fairness I have no idea how tight my front bolt is as I can’t get a torque wrench to it. I know it hasn’t snapped though…yet…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘is my seatpost wierd or my saddle?’ is closed to new replies.