Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Is my Reverb Stealth knackered?
  • bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I’ve no doubt it is, but as I haven’t got time today to try a full bleed, the symptoms are;

Stealth B1 worked fine yesterday, bike washed, Reverb along with shock/fork lubed with fork juice.

Just come to put the bike away and the post moves up and down around two inches without pressing the lever, accompanied by a loud mechanical thump either end (exaggerated by the frame).

Rest of the stroke works as it should. Topped up air but no joy (was down to 230psi).

Can I officially spend the rest of the day sulking?

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Just realised the hose moves in and out of the frame as I push the saddle up and down.

The actual seatpost remains in position in the frame????

I presume a circlip or similar has come adrift?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Yep, seems reasonable to go looking or a circlip in the bottom of the seat tube.

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

It ‘could’ be if your lucky the circlip has broken allowing the inner post to push up and down through outer-hitting the frame internally-easy to check pop the post out and have a looky at the base plate.

If that’s not the problem then yes it’s knackered and has failed either letting air in or oil of the internals.

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Snap 😀

pipiom
    Free Member

Warranty if 3 years old or less….they’ve not hesitated with the 3 I’ve returned (there might be a clue there)

steel4real
    Free Member

3 year warranty ?

simonloco
    Free Member

Was 2 years warranty, service will sort it unless heavily worn

slickandslide
    Free Member

The new retaining band they use on the B1 is not great, it rusts and does not always stay in place.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Which exactly what’s happened.

The circlip has rusted away leaving the remains sat on the top shock pivot. It looks like it was made from tin foil.

It’s only 12 months old so I’ll see if I can bribe my lbs to send it back to sram.

sr0093193
    Free Member

Get LBS to get a new circlip from SRAM > fit to post > ride bike.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I think it has been on its way for a while as the circlip had started to chew the plastic top hat type part that it sits against, otherwise I’d have just bought a new circlip.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Is my Reverb Stealth knackered?’ is closed to new replies.