Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Is my phone **definitely** going to wake me up at the right time tomorrow?
  • v8ninety

Because it would be really rubbish to be late in the morning. Like, even more rubbish than having only eleven hours between shifts. Stupid British summertime. Who’s daft idea was it anyway? Serves no useful purpose. Should be binned I reckon.

*its an iPhone

bikebouy
    Free Member

Erm..

Like tonight?

They move forward tonight?

Fankz for the heads up, I had no idea.

And yes it will wake you up.

chewkw
    Free Member

British Summer time starts at 1am tonight! Damn! 😯

v8ninety

Heh. Wish I didn’t know.

Bregante

British Summer time starts at 1am tonight! Damn!

Can’t you tell?

chewkw
    Free Member

Ya, it’s winter weather here in GeordieLand … 😯

ssboggy

I was wondering the same thing but having just set my phone alarm for 7am a little dialogue box appeared and said alarm is set for 10 hours 54 minutes time (it was 7.06pm when I set it so I’m pretty confident it’ll be OK!)
    Xperia z1 compact though not iPhone

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Set your countdown timer?

mrsfry
    Free Member

Depends if you have ‘Set automatically’ turned on (and if Apple gives a fig)
    You will oversleep by five hours and only wake to the sound of your roof being blown off.

sambob
    Free Member

Set it an hour early? you’ll either wake up an hour early or on time. Or maybe you’ll wake up two hours early. I don’t really know..

vickypea
    Free Member

I had a similar concern on the ferry from Zeebrugge to Hull, so I set the countdown timer for the required number of hours instead.

joat

Post your number up on here, I’m sure some helpful soul from the forum will give you a bell. It won’t be used for any nefarious reasons; promise 😈

phiiiiil

It’ll be fine, ‘cos apple have never had any DST or new year bugs in their clock apps.

Oh, wait…

CountZero

Depends if you have ‘Set automatically’ turned on (and if Apple gives a fig)
    You will oversleep by five hours and only wake to the sound of your roof being blown off.

Not entirely sure Apple have any input into clocks being adjusted for BST, but if your time zone is set for London, and ‘Set automatically’ is on, then there shouldn’t be any issues, even my central heating clock manages to cope with the time changes.
    Unlike my old Nokia N95, which was supposed to be a ‘smart phone’, had an automatic time change function, which never ever worked.
    But then, that phone was a steaming pile of crap anyway.

v8ninety

Well, here we go anyway, goodnight STW, see you at 0610hrs (which will feel like an OBSCENE 0510hrs) 😥

v8ninety

Bleurgh. Yep it worked. Morning!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Phew. Thank God for that. I’ve been awake all night worrying. 🙂

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

That tree reminds me of the one in Poltergeist !

Frankenstein
    Free Member

My phone and DAB radio clocks all adjusted fine.

But dead from staggering in at 0200 or was that 0300?

Bloody hangover agh! Seriously god why?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Is my phone **definitely** going to wake me up at the right time tomorrow?’ is closed to new replies.