Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Is My Mondeo Posessed?
  • bungle

Powered off, main lights are on, reversing lights are on then after a minute the wipers start up too. Battery ok and tried another, all fuses and relays ok.

1st sign of problems was intermittent wipe going, starts fine and everything else works. 2011 petrol 2 litre.

Seen similar? Any ideas?

wiggles
    Free Member

check the battery terminals and earthing points would be where I would start

sparkerfix

Agree with wiggles. Mondys do strange things with battery issues. Remember mine doing odd stuff when mine failed.

stu170
    Free Member

Ours did this awhile back, give the fuse box a clout, went to open ours and it stopped. Pressume it was a sticky relay, been fine since

bungle

Cheers, done that. Battery getting on but shows 69/73% on health/charge and swapping in a new one made no difference.

stu170
    Free Member

In that case, I’d be checking the wire on the wiper motor, make sure it’s all intact with a good connection. And earth’s.

bungle

@stu170. Cheers, I’ll check that

parkesie
    Free Member

Water ingress to the fuse box or body control module possibly

bungle

Thanks Parkesie. There has been a lot of water about on recent travels. All fuse boxes look to be dry. Any idea where the BCM is?

parkesie
    Free Member

I don’t know 100% off the top of my head but typically on one of the A pillars with the cabin fuse box.

wheresthefinesse
    Free Member

Gremlins usually a sign of alternator on way out.

maccruiskeen

Seen similar? Any ideas?

Not on a mondeo but the only episode of demonic possession I’ve had with cars was an engine that wouldn’t stop even when you took the keys out of the ignition – so long as the lights were on and I had my foot on the brake. The engine would’t stop until either the brakes were released to the headlights switched off. Turned out a stop and tail light bulb had been put in incorrectly so that the tail element would illuminate when the brakes were pressed or vice versa.

So apart from water ingress its worth having a think about anything electrical thats been replaced or fiddled with recently and see if its connected/seated properly.

somafunk

Worth checking the scuttle tray to ensure it’s clear of leaves and debris as the drain holes can block leading to water ingress causing all sort of electrical gremlins

bungle

Andddddd………… It just stopped misbehaving. All fuses and relays removed and checked at local indy. No sign of water anywhere. Stuck a new battery in as a precaution.

Now all I need to do is get the code for the radio (Ford 6000 CD) as none of the codes on the display – hold 1 + 6 down – match anything offered by the online code generators. Ford want 30 quid ffs! Might pay just to keep the missus happy.

kayak23

I had all that shizzle with codes on my Berlingo. Ended up just getting a new head unit.
    Not much more money particularly and better unit.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Check online for a code releaser?

molgrips
    Free Member

I had this with my now legendary Passat. I paid some useless **** a fortune to essentially **** it up for me. Turned out to be water in the trailer control module in the boot, caused by an earlier rear shunt. It caused crazy Canbus signals.

I only figured it out because a Skoda owner had had the rear washer spray nozzle come off and fill his trailer control module with water.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Does it answer to the name of Christine?….

Ambrose

Or Louise?

bungle

Mongo, effing Mongo

@Kayak23. Good idea, ta

molgrips
    Free Member

No sign of water anywhere.

There wasn’t in mine either. The trailer module is this type of thing:

And it had been fitted behind the boot lining dangling off its plug which was on the top. The thing isn’t sealed, so water had collected in the casing. No evidence of water ingress elsewhere.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What year is it?

My focus is just beginning it’s long inevitable decline. It’s an 06 so after the compulsory switch to lead free solder, but not long enough for manufacturers to get properly to grips with how to solder properly with it.

Battery warning light has been on
    intermittently for almost 2years, the dash occasionally cuts out entirely and I’m sure the headlights started ‘pulsing’ the other day. Annoyingly none of those faults cone up with any sort of obvious cause when investigated so the solution is to send off everything electrical to be wave soldered until it stops (sod that, I’ll just run it till something actually dies).

MrSparkle

If it happens again does it mean your car has been repossessed?

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Faulty ignition switch would be my first port of call.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Is My Mondeo Posessed?’ is closed to new replies.