Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Is my Moco damper damper broken?
  • jairaj

I was performing a lower leg on my Rockshox Rev and noticed that even with all the air out the fork was hard to compress all the way.

The fork was stopping about half way and then became very hard to compress.

If I pressed even harder the fork would go to full compression but I noticed some oil coming out the top of the damper out from where the knobs are. I’m guessing this is not normal?

any idea if the damper is ****? or does it simply just needs a service? I didn’t have a serivce kit for the damper so didn’t bother to open it.

edit -I have a Rockshox revelation ~2010 with RLT remote damper.

KonaTC

Hi jairaj

give TFTuned a call (0)1373 826800

I’m sure they will be able to help you out 🙂

http://www.tftunedshox.com/contact/contact.aspx

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Just whip it all apart clean orings and put her back

jairaj

Will that actually help? Surely something is damaged otherwise it would not leak?

bails

When you let “all” the air out, you’re actually just setting the pressure inside the fork to the same as the atmosphere around it. Then the valve shuts and you try to compress it, so the pressure increases. Like opening a bottle of coke, emptying it, putting the lid back on and trying to squash the bottle.

LoCo
    Free Member

We replace the internal moco seals (not supplied in the service kits) as part of a full service as they’re prone to dirt ingress and wear, can also just replace just the seals if you like it done cheaper.

jairaj

OK so chances are that the damper is OK just needs new seals?

I’ll have a read of the SRAM docs and give it a go.

LoCo
    Free Member

Internal seals though, SRAM view the moco as a non disasembleable item, and don’t supply seals or details on them.

jairaj

Ah OK thanks Loco, might give you a call later to discuss. Apart from my recent lower leg service, I think you were the last one to touch the forks. Might just let you sort it out again …

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Is my Moco damper damper broken?’ is closed to new replies.