Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Is my full sus light?
  • xcretro
    Free Member

I just built my new full sus bike up after having a really light hardtail carbon bike then building an orange patriot which was like a tank and weighed as much as one too!!

Now on a trek top fuel 9.9 ssl with xtr 3×9 set up with reba wc forks and dt swiss xrc1250 carbon wheels. I’m thinking I’m guessing it’s about 22lbs or less as not got a scale to weigh it.

Is that light for a full sus ??

What do yours weigh?

They are out in force today 😕

ricky1
    Free Member

Depends if it rides better/ you can throw it around as much as your hard tail,obviously it will be heavier due to more metal and a shock to contend with,I had the same problem going from hard tail to full suss,I’m afraid in situations like this money talks carbon walks.

br
    Free Member

I’m thinking I’m guessing it’s about 22lbs or less as not got a scale to weigh it.

You ought to be on telly, if you can accurately estimate weight just be picking it up 🙂

I’m guessing it weighs more.

mattbee

You need a couple of bags of potatoes, a Toblerone and a plank.
    Make a see saw out of the Toblerone and plank ( needs to be a full Tonlerone or the box won’t hold the weight.)
    Put bike on one end, pile potatoes on other end until the plank is level.
    You now know how many potatoes your bikes weight equates to.
    If you are a proper weight obsessive you could weigh each potato with kitchen scales and add the numbers up.
    You can then use theotatoes and Toblerone to set shock sag. Sit on bike and eat potatoes and Toblerone until your weight is correct for the level of sag you need. Cheaper and tastier than a shock pump!

xcretro
    Free Member

Yipeeeee my bike weighs 18 Albert Bartlett rooster potatoes. :0)

5thElefant
    Free Member

I’d guess 27 pounds. Is there a prize?

xcretro
    Free Member

[/quote]I’d guess 27 pounds. Is there a prize?

Yeah some pre used potatoes, tinkering and a plank! And on that note I think I have been a plank! Just wanted to know what it weighed as new factory built weight varies on reviews between 21 and 22 pounds. But mine has carbon wheels at 1250 gram for the pair.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Who cares it’s 3×9…

dallas95
    Free Member
    TheFlyingOx

Mine is 22lbs on the nose, and that’s with “just” XT build kit. Seen some built to 18lbs. It’s 4 years old though, so whilst OP’s bike is quite light, it’s slightly behind the times. Bad luck old chap.

jackal
    Free Member

Who cares, really?
    Does it feel nice to ride, that’s the main thing.

loddrik
    Free Member

25-26lbs.

shermer75
    Free Member

Is that Avoirdupois pounds or Imperial Standard pounds?

rusty90
    Free Member

Buy one of these

Wildy inaccurate. If you want to be a serious weight weeny you need serious scales
    (Full carbon Scott Scale rigid 1×10 now down to 8.45Kg 🙂 )

xcretro
    Free Member

Nice bike Ioddrik. Here’s mine

rusty90
    Free Member

It’s a great bike xcetro, and you obviously like it, since this is the 3rd thread you described it in. Full sussers aren’t my bag, but if they were I’d love something like that.
    Have you ridden it yet? Why not tell us what it’s like in action?
    P.S. I’d slam the stem for max awesomeness, but I’m just an old roadie 🙂

steve_b77
    Free Member

Ah yes, but it’s upside down so you’ve failed in stem slamming

xcretro
    Free Member

Ah yes rusty lol can you tell I’m in love lol. Went out yesterday for a 5 hour jaunt through the floods around reading and out towards Newbury and back through bucklebury. Mixed surfaces from gravel, deep sloppy mud 2 foot deep flood waters, canal paths and road. It was very good, fast and absorbed bumps well. Only issue was the dt swiss remote lockout dial sticks when full of crud and the remote lever doesn’t release it after lockout. You have to move it by hand. Might just need a little adjustment.

The drivetrain ran smoothly even when full of sloppy mud. Kudos to xtr.

All in all I was very impressed.

chrisb57
    Free Member
    chrisb57
    Free Member

Thats my Remedy 9.9 at 24.11 lbs 🙂

br
    Free Member

xcreto

At half that length, it’d still be a long stem 🙂

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Sheesh, retro man is riding on my doorstep. 😯 Buckleberry is bogland even in the summer. Try the chilts through Pangbourne and onwards.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Out the box the missus has a Tallboy Alloy which weighs 25.65lb/11.7kg the Carbon comes in at 23.2lb 10.5kg
    A few people round here have these Which come in at 10kg/22lb

So if yours does weigh 22lb then it’s at the light end of things but these things are all 1×11 so you can drop a significant amount more weight if you want to…

xcretro
    Free Member

Sheesh, retro man is riding on my doorstep. Buckleberry is bogland even in the summer. Try the chilts through Pangbourne and onwards.

just like a bit of a change from time to time rather than riding the chilts and goring and routes above caversham.

kind of miss North Wales where i moved from several years ago, could ride for miles and miles withour having to stop for styles or gates or roads even!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Is my full sus light?’ is closed to new replies.