Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Is my fork broken?
  • chrishc777
    Free Member

Just received some secondhand X Fusion Slants and taken them apart to adjust the travel. Can’t actually get in due to lack of a pin spanner, I’ve welded 2 allen keys together but doesn’t work well enough.

Anyway The damper rod has no resistance either way whe pushing andpulling it. Surely there should be some otherwise it’s not actually doing anything right?

oddjob3000
    Free Member

With the lowers off, the damper rod should feel like its moving through oil when you push it up and down. If it’s lost oil from damper the then the lockout wont work too.
    There’s some good tech info on x-fusions website

chrishc777
    Free Member

Yep, so disassembly revealed no oil in the damper, now replaced and working, adjusting the rebound makes a difference now and the lockout works perfectly.

There is a notch in the travel when compressing quickly, maybe to do with not having any heavier oil and putting 7.5wt in the air spring?

bigyinn
    Free Member

I’d be more concerned about the lack of oil in the damper to start with.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Yeah I’ll be keeping an eye on that.. Looking at the internal design I reckon the lockout will stop working as soon as oil starts escaping the damper so I’ll know about it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Is my fork broken?’ is closed to new replies.