Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • is my daughter ever going to sleep??
  • supersessions9-2
    Free Member

I’ve been pushing this buggy back and forwards for ages now.

Sui
    Free Member

Is my 18 month old son ever going to go a full night as well…. I’m ferking knackered.. (though in Germany on business so full night’s sleep for once).

Anyway no she won’t, kids are like that the evil little buggers…

Scamper
    Free Member

Can’t be that bad as you are posting on here rather than trying to grab a short nap standing up!

lister

Is my 7 year old son ever going to sleep all night?

I win!

twistedpencil

My daughter has just come downstairs and announced she can’t sleep, she’s nearly three so you’ve a while to go yet. No grown up TV here tonight, will be watching champions league until she goes to sleep.

matt_outandabout

Our eldest did not sleep for more that 30 mins at a time for 18 months from about a year old.
    Sleep deprivation is a torture technique you know?
    #comiserations

Drac

My kids slept all night from about 12 weeks old.

I win.

deluded
    Free Member

I can hand on heart say that my six month old hasn’t lost me a minutes worth of sleep since being born. She goes down at 7pm and wakes up at 7am! Sorry, I know that’s not helpful – luck of the draw and all that.

I’m hoping she doesn’t make up for it later in life and cause me loads of grief 😀

theupsetter
    Free Member

21 month old has slept for less than 10 nights in last year – I’m ****

hora
    Free Member

Yep but not until he started walking/running and moved upstairs to the big room at nursery aged 2.

user-removed
    Free Member

deluded. I hate the very fibre of your being.

Yawn.

Rickos
    Free Member

Deluded – our 5 year old was like that for his first 12 to 18 months. Now he wakes every night without fail between 11 and midnight. The 3 year old seems to be a bit more random, but I long for the day (night?) when I can sleep like a log like I used to 6 years ago.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

My 2.5 year old sleeps really well, goes to bed almost of his own accord at night and sleeps though until 7.00-7.30ish the next morning with only the occasional blip.

The 1 year old, however…. Wakes up at the slightest disturbance, can be a nightmare to get down (regularly 10-11pm) and usually wakes up at 3am. Hopefully he will learn from his brother soon!

kcr
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ADF4iY7KCk[/video]

Sui
    Free Member

Drag, deluded go xxx fxxx fxxx xxxxxxxx xxx xxx, you’ve not been Bourne man <sob>

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The smug cannot help themselves can they? 🙂

geetee1972
    Free Member

There is a reason this ad resonates with 30 and 40 somethings

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lN9j173uJxU#t=3[/video]

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’ve done my fair share of 3am drives to get my first born to sleep. She definitely wasn’t a sleeper and nearly drove both me and my misses stir crazy. At 6 months we decided to try controlled crying. It was tough, but we toughed it out for about a week and it worked a treat and she’s been a great sleeper since. Luckily our second born was a sleeper from the go.

As soon as the start crawling our bum-shuffling (whatever they take to), they’ll sleep like a log as they’ll be physically knackered.

twistedpencil

Deluded, our first one was like that, then got a minor bug at 8months that knackered up his sleep cycle for ages, you’re in the halcyon days at the moment 😉 Post back at 12months!

hora
    Free Member

BTW deluded my lad was like that. Spot on routine. Then teething (?) Suddenly signalled a change. That till 2yrs old was ..well not great. Bickering-central.

andybanks
    Free Member

My boy’s a week old today and has been home 2 days. Wife is sleeping now while she can! I’m about to do the same.

Sui
    Free Member

Ah I feel slightly better there are people as ducked as me…. Drag, deluded they’re gonna get you 😀

deluded
    Free Member

I do sympathise and I’m not under the misapprehension that her sleep pattern will remain so, but she really does go out like a light. Even through the hot weather we had and more recently the cracking thunder and lightening overhead, which roused me … and I go out like a log.

She’s a very alert baby during the day and quite active, although I’ve nothing to compare her with – being our first. She’s teething at the moment, but that’s not altered anything.

I’m going to make a tactical withdraw now in an effort to evade the infamous STW flames and pitch forks 😀

1 shed, I do mate, I do.

1-shed
    Free Member

It sounds like you all have happy healthy children and be very thankful for that. Take 5 and think about the parents with children with disabilities or terminal illness. I could share stories about the first but thankfully not the second. Love to all and I hope your little ones have a good nights sleep.

darrell
    Free Member

my little brat slept from 6pm to 6am from 6 weeks old

should i apologise

nah

headfirst
    Free Member

Pah!

We have to wake our youngest up as the wife and I head off to work! She’s only 16 months years old!

The wife and I think we’re still operating on a net loss overall after 19 years of parenthood.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

My 2nd child barely slept a whole night until he was at school. He then started sleeping loads this peaked at 17 – but now he sometimes comes in very late/early morning and tries to sleep all day instead . . . . Thats where me and the hoover come in . . . . Payback time 😀

geologist
    Free Member

My son was seriously ill with feeding/ digestive issus which needed lots of surgery to fix ( valves working back to front) he never kept food down, was continually hungry, and hence never slept!

UNTILL

On the morning of his3rd birthday he slept the whole night so what a present for us. Now he sleeps like a baby 🙂 and we are no longer sleep depraved continually.

So stop whinging and chin up cos soon you wont be able to get the bugger out of bed in a morning 😉

freeagent
    Free Member

Due to various health issues neither of my daughters really slept through until they were about 3, the younger one only turned 3 last month. Thankfully the health issues are manageable now so no excuses!

iamsporticus
    Free Member

First child slept from 7pm to 8am so we thought we’d get another

Second slept from 7pm to 8am until she was 12 months old then got up at 5AM every sodding morning for 2 years

But at least you can dress them up in cutesy clothes and make them look sweet

🙂

Bregante

I’ve been up since 3 a.m with my youngest (6) who has dyspraxia and seems to be able to get by on very little sleep*.

He’s currently stood on his bed in the dark, happily rambling on about our summer holidays!

*unlike his mother who seems to be able to sleep through a medium sized earthquake..

mugsys_m8

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….< I can’t bring myself to say it > Suffice to say I can never imagine what it must be like. 😀

doug_basqueMTB.com

I’m just going to bed, we have had less than an hour sleep all night. Feel better?

globalti
    Free Member

Wait until she reaches 14 like my son; getting him out of bed is the challenge.

yossarian
    Free Member

My eldest lad, now 6, has been an early riser all his life – usually around 5am. My youngest sleeps for England.

I don’t really mind getting up early although I guarantee that the man who discovered coffee had young kids.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Had a fail at sleep last night myself… urgh.

One day we will have this cracked, and it is almost heartening to hear there are people suffering more (though really – you do have my deepest sympathies!). At one stage I was getting 3 hours sleep a night for months on end – that was in stages too so not actually concurrent and effective 3 hours of sleep. That was what I had last night, and it hurts!

LadyGresley
    Free Member

After 7 years of my son not sleeping through, I still wake up during the night – and he’s 32 now!

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Ours only started going through, when teething ended at about 16 months.

Although reading some of the above posts, I feel quite lucky.

warton
    Free Member

William 3.5 years now, was tough going, would wake up at 1am, and not go back to sleep. introduced controlled crying at 2, took 3 days to sort it out. now sleeps 7 – 7 pretty much all the time

Noah – 7 months. teething. say no more. awful for the last three weeks…

Hohum
    Free Member

My mother-in-law said that I would never sleep the same again after having children and I laughed at the time, but I don’t laugh now as I have been transformed from a great sleeper to a dreadful sleeper.

Oh well, I guess it’s worth it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘is my daughter ever going to sleep??’ is closed to new replies.