Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • is my cordless drill dead?
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

looks like this:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/bosch-professional-gsb-14-4-2-li-14-4v-1-5ah-li-ion-cordless-combi-drill/10173

bought it in good condition from one of our chap here, i’ve done couple of shelvings as well … used it earlier and it developed not normal amount of sparks and white smoke comes out of it so I panic turn it off and logged in STW to ask what mountain bikers think about it? 😐

maccruiskeen

where are the sparks and smoke coming from?

wolfenstein
    Free Member

it comes from that little window thingy where you can see the motor …near the letter “H” in BOSCH from the photo

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

It may just be that you need new brushes and a bit of a clean out.

maccruiskeen

Never had a cordless drill motor burn out in that way, or known anyone else’s do it – I’ve had the brushes go (but the motor just stops working, no drama), and on some models they’re easy to replace, and I’ve the gear boxes and clutches wear out. Smelly burn out smoke I’ve only ever had on mains powered tools (so far).

Its possible you can get a replacement motor for it – google the make, model and ‘spares’ and you’ll find a few outlets in the uk that stock the bits

Unless it was displaying any of that behaviour when you first used it then the seller wouldn’t know or expect it was likely to behave like this

spooky_b329

Or you drilled into a live cable?!

Cougar

You’ve let the magic smoke out. Shame it’s not Lucas, they have an FRU.

maccruiskeen

You’ve let the magic smoke out.

Be careful what you wish for – and make sure you enunciate clearly

<insert 12″ pianist joke here>

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘is my cordless drill dead?’ is closed to new replies.