Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Is my bike cool?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I only see 2 gates?

You could also have:

Which bastard flytipped a filing cabinet?

That’s a boxy frame, and I am not talking the gate!

That some lovely welds….the gate, not the bike.

That bike looks mint!

Etc

onandon
    Free Member

molgrips
    Free Member

Which bastard flytipped a filing cabinet?

😆

molgrips
    Free Member

Not sure on protocol for dropper posts in pictures. Up or down?

tomhoward

If sir has to ask…

RustySpanner

My word……….

What, exactly do Orange describe that colour as?
    🙂

kimbers

Ice cold, baby

Kryton57

Odd that from that side it looks like one of those Epicdural bikes or whatever they are call – the angular ones with the seat mast welded onto the top tube like a falling lighthouse. Yes that one.

weeksy

Mummy told me not to be rude!

Its, hmmm, different!

molgrips
    Free Member

It was just ‘white’ when I got it. Stained pretty badly from either oil or the local red clay now mind.

EDIT oh are you seeing it as slightly green tinged?

one of those Epicdural bikes or whatever they are call

RustySpanner

It sort of reminds me of one of these:

In a good way.

Ah, white, yes, was getting ‘Hospital Waiting Room Mint’.

Did you not fancy something bright and colourful?

LeeW

I can see why they call it the patriot, patriotism is the only reason you’d buy one*.

Based on the aesthetic alone, I’m sure they ride beautifully.

tomhoward

Rusty, the colour? Or the age of the technology used in the frame? 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Or the age of the technology used in the frame?

It’s now ‘vintage’.

Although I measured the angles and dimensions, it’s actually surprisingly modern ahead of its time, except for the seat angle.

RustySpanner

Bit of both really.
    🙂

I’d still love to try a 26 inch Five, or a Patriot.
    Everyone I’ve met who’s owned one seems to rave about them.

Even the boring white ones.

Northwind

I reckon so- old, depreciated to nothing, but still gets the job done better than most folks’d believe, they got it really right. Bonus points for the mudguard. And because all Oranges look basically the same a lot of folks won’t even realise it’s old. When did the 66 come out, 2007 or something?

Euro
    Free Member

Has a hint of early e-bike about it but it’s the biking equivalent of this i’m afraid (which is kinda cool).

molgrips
    Free Member

Bonus points for the mudguard.

The best thing about that fork. The only bike I’ve ridden I can pretty much guarantee not to get any crap in my face whatsoever, and I’ve tried loads of mudguards. Looks rubbish though.

When did the 66 come out, 2007 or something?

That’s a 7+, from early 2007. Original Manitou shock too.

It’s an enduro bike from way before enduro was a thing – It’d be interesting to ride a current enduro bike to see the difference.

Harry_the_Spider

Primer.

Send it back and ask them the finish it.

fd3chris
    Free Member

The forks seem to vanish in comparison to the size of the frame tubes. They look like 28mm uppers!

Northwind

molgrips – Member

It’s an enduro bike from way before enduro was a thing

Aye, exactly! Well put. Though o’course that wasn’t what they were trying to make. I had a set of Lyriks and a set of Flows on Pro 2s a while back and spent ages looking for a good un at the right price but it never worked out 🙁 It was only really the seatpost size that was a dwner.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

@ Euro, I remember the Invacar! 2 stroke engines that you had to mix the petrol & oil manually!
    I’ve got a ‘boring white’ 5 & don’t intend to change it.

That one looks bare though.

gemini29
    Free Member

Gorgeous, more pics pls

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

chiefgrooveguru

It is way ahead of its time geometrically. But cool? Hmmmmmm… Maybe without the excessively practical mudguard. 😉

twisty

It’s allwhite.

Nipper99
    Free Member

Is that an e-bike.

Euro
    Free Member

@ Euro, I remember the Invacar! 2 stroke engines that you had to mix the petrol & oil manually!

I’ve only ever seen one in the flesh. I was a young boy (early 70s) heading into town with my dad to pay the electric bill. As we entered the shop i saw a little bird flapping around on the doorstep, obviously injured. I picked it up and in my mind nursed it back to heath by rubbing it a bit. I turned towards the road and released the now cured creature by throwing it gently into the air and said something along the lines of ‘fly off home now little birdy’. It’s feeble attempt at flying home was cut short when it headbutted the widescreen of one of those ****ing cars!

nickc

cables and mudguards

Speshpaul

Composition, 2/10

senorj

Kind of ,then I saw the mudguard.
    Soz.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve only ever seen one in the flesh. I was a young boy (early 70s) heading into town with my dad to pay the electric bill. As we entered the shop i saw a little bird flapping around on the doorstep, obviously injured. I picked it up and in my mind nursed it back to heath by rubbing it a bit. I turned towards the road and released the now cured creature by throwing it gently into the air and said something along the lines of ‘fly off home now little birdy’. It’s feeble attempt at flying home was cut short when it headbutted the widescreen of one of those ****ing cars!

Ha Ha! I used to have a petrol station years ago, one of those where the attendant (me) filled your car up, checked your oil & tyres, all that stuff. I had a number of disabled old fellas who used to come in for fuel in those things & i’d mix the right amount of 2 stroke oil & fill their little cars up! Happy days.

santacoops
    Free Member

Bring it on the 7th?

wiggles
    Free Member

Did you take a picture of that damaged middle bit of the gate to B&Q to get them to match the colour?

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

It’s a bike, so yes.

Is it a looker? No.

shakers97
    Free Member

I respect the fact that you threw that out there. You’ve wondered is it cool, and you thought should I raise it on the STW forum to be sure, those dude know their stuff? You know what I’m doing it you thought, I’ve had a few beers and my iPad is fully charged I’m going for it. I’ve got that picture, you know the one by the he gate, that will do. I’ll ask them, I’ll ask my question. Is my bike cool? You know what mate, I think you love that bike. I love my fav bike. I get as much enjoyment from planning the next upgrade, and tinkering with it as I do riding it, and I ride it a lot. It’s a mountain bike mate and therefore by definition it’s f**king cool. Go ride it.

bigblackshed

mooman
    Free Member

I guess in a ‘I don’t give a f@(k’ type of way … it doesn’t look too bad.
    But to really carry it off, you really gotta be super fast either going up, or ideally – coming down.

godzilla
    Free Member

OP’s bike is cool in my book’s, but I’m probably not cool.
    That front guard is shit looking tho.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Is my bike cool?’ is closed to new replies.