Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Is my BFe Broken?
  • ThePinkster

Before I go any further, this morning I sent an e-mail to Cotic with photos about this so am waiting to hear from them, but while I await their response I thought I’d ask the STW Massif what they think.

I bought a BFe frame direct from Cotic last April. Since then it’s hardly been ridden (4 times in total due to serious injury when I came off another bike at BPW).

While changing the tyres over this weekend I noticed these weird marks around the toptube/headtube weld which has got be a bit concerned.

It’s being run with XFusion Slants on the front if that helps, although I think it should be able to handle them OK.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

That looks like a weld popped there dude don’t worry cy will look after you

oldejeans
    Free Member

what difference would our opinions make? I’d have thought it’s only polite to give Cotic a reasonable timeframe to respond

RobHilton
    Free Member

Sticker

ThePinkster

what difference would our opinions make? I’d have thought it’s only polite to give Cotic a reasonable timeframe to respond

Oh I am, was just interested, that’s all.

Not looking for any flaming torches or anything. Just not got any friends about at the moment to talking to about it so thought I’d ask you lot. Didn’t realise it was an offence to ask opinions on anything while waiting these days. 🙄

letmetalktomark

oldejeans – Member

Agreed.

swamptin
    Free Member

See, your problem there was you cleaned it. If I’ve learned anything from riding bikes it’s that clean bikes tend to have issues. If it’s not clean you can’t see the issue, thus the issues don’t exist. I’m pretty sure it’s the mud that holds most of my bike together.

ThePinkster

😆 Knew I was doing something wrong.

Northwind

Yep, same with my lynskey- if I look too closely, there’s a decent chance I’ll find a crack. So I just don’t look.

I reckon… It doesn’t really matter whether it’s broken or not, it shouldn’t have an ugly thingmy in the paint. So I bet 7p Cy sorts it out.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Is my BFe Broken?’ is closed to new replies.