Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Is M&S insurance really that good?
  • stevious

I know this has been on here before, but I've tried a search and am none the wiser.

Just looking at home contents insurance and got a quote from my bank and also from M&S. Do they really just cover your bikes without you having to declare them separately? They seem to be about £60 cheaper than the bank but didn't ask for any specific items. Looks a bit too good to be true…

bruneep

Yes, paid my £4k claim out no worries.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I haven't made a claim but yup you don't have to specify the bikes! bonus.

stevious

Awesomes. Just went for it. They even cover my bike if I'm working away from home.

spooky_b329

If you go for accidental/premium cover, they'll replace your bike when you crumple the frame into a tree as well 🙂

Dirtynap
    Free Member

Direct line cover my bikes and I didn't have to specify them and the they are covered for accidental damage. They don't cover them locked up outside though.

Wookster

Dirty nap you sure I asked them and they refused saying they dont do ANY bike stuff on the house hold!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Yup. appears to be no problems. I am sure it will change as they realize how many claims they are getting for expensive bicycles. Mine are covered away from home as well

superman3000
    Free Member

I went for Tesco's. read all the small print and it said nothing about extra policy's, so i went for it. only to fine out is only when its locked up at home. They do offer an extra policy but only up to 1500 if your bike is worth more unlucky!!!!!

Dirtynap
    Free Member

Dirty nap you sure I asked them and they refused saying they dont do ANY bike stuff on the house hold!

I specifcally asked them when I took out my contents. I asked if they need pictures etc etc, if the garage was ok etc etc and they siad it was fine. I then told them the value of the bikes and they again said it was fine. They just didn't cover them outside or away from the home/garage.

I'll check again though, you got me all worried, that some tool on the phone has told me BS to buy the policy and actually £15k of bikes is not covered.

WhyHello
    Free Member

You can get £30 cashback with Quidco for M&S home insurance as well 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Is M&S insurance really that good?’ is closed to new replies.