Viewing 24 posts - 121 through 144 (of 144 total)
  • Is modern Democracy fundametaly flawed?
  • Spin
    Free Member

is it not human nature to strive, to adapt and to attempt to contemplate creation and our place in it.

Do we not have the capacity to understand the very nature of creation

I try do all of the above and then at other times I find that what I really want is a quick **** whilst looking at some naked ladies.

The trouble is that ‘human nature’ as you call it is not a simple striving towards the stars but a veritable smorgasbord of competing drives and desires and the one with the upper hand is constantly changing.

Steelfreak
    Free Member

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…. naked ladies.

Er, what was the question again?

CountZero

and the one with the upper hand is constantly changing.

Is that ‘cos it’s getting tired…

kaesae
    Free Member

Perhaps, but it still comes down to attitude and motivation, the majority of people these days have delusional attitudes and their motives are for the most part primitive and short sighted.

Democracy is simply a game where useless idiots convince even bigger useless idiots that they can help them, it doesn’t matter that nothing gets done because there are loads of distractions to keep the simple minded useless idiots amused.

Spin
    Free Member

Democracy is simply a game where useless idiots convince even bigger useless idiots that they can help them, it doesn’t matter that nothing gets done because there are loads of distractions to keep the simple minded useless idiots amused.

Which camp are you in? Or are you one of the cognoscienti?

kaesae
    Free Member

I am not convinced by talk unless it is backed up with actions that lead to benefits.

I do not get involved in politics so I would say that I am a rebellious useless idiot, everyone on this planet is a useless idiot. We are all so arrogant that we do not understand the fact that the universe does not respect useless idiocy as a reason for continued existence.

In reality we are living in direct contradiction to the laws of creation, sooner of later this delusionment and lack of respect, will catch up with our entire race!

Spin
    Free Member

In reality we are living in direct contradiction to the laws of creation

What are these laws of creation, who made them and how are we in contradiction of them?

nealglover
    Free Member

the majority of people these days have delusional attitudes and their motives are for the most part primitive

Where do you dream that up from.

To conclude that everyone else is “delusional” , you must know the truth ????

otherwise you are just spouting crap In order to sound clever

So what is this “truth” that all us primative delusional types are unaware of then ??

hels
    Free Member

I think it might involve the 3rd order of Thetans.

kaesae
    Free Member

The truth is that which cannot be contradicted or disproven by logical analysis relative to circumstance or context.

As for mentioning that those that inhabit this planet are both delusional and primitive, have you seen the the current global situation we are in?

We had everything, a world that was a paradise brimming with resources and potential. We turned it into a shit x a shit with shit on top that is also sinking into an ocean of shit.

How Advanced as opposed to primitive and how sane / rational as opposed to delusional in your honest truthful opinions, do you really think we are?

TuckerUK
    Free Member

“The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter” Sir Winston Churchill

That, and the fact that a very large percentage of the population would rather vote on some shite TV program than for something that actually has an affect on their lives.

cheese@4p

I agree with a lot of what you are saying in this thread kaesae. I believe that our species will have to undergo massive changes in the direction of peace and co-operation instead of conflict or we will not see this millennium out.

BermBandit
    Free Member

The fundamental flaw in democracy was that you had to get **** to vote for you…..that was until they realised it was easier to get them not to vote at all……

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The fundamental flaw in democracy was that you had to get **** to vote for you…..

I can’t see why you think this might pose a problem – the two parties in government today are the same two parties which were in government before democracy was introduced into the UK.

Despite the mechanism existing in theory for there to be drastic political changes, the “****” which you speak of always vote as they are suppose to vote.

Voting is designed to maintain the status quo, something which it does remarkable well – other than perhaps a few cosmetic changes of course. If voting fails to deliver the correct results it is simply abolished/suspended.

Northwind

It’s the old “Worst form, except all the others”. I don’t think anyone thinks democracy is perfect- the failings are obvious to see. But what’s the alternative?

I heard a woman in the polling station ask one of the campaigners, “Which party is that one with the nice smile from?” after a little while, “Yes, that’s it, Tony Blair. Which one is he from? Labour? Thanks, I’ll vote for them”. Democracy!

You want to know about voting. I’m here to tell you about voting.

Imagine you’re locked in a huge underground nightclub filled with sinners, whores, freaks and unnameable things that rape pit bulls for fun. And you ain’t allowed out until you all vote on what you’re going to do tonight.

You like to put your feet up and watch ‘Republican Party Reservation’. They like to have sex with normal people using knives, guns, and brand-new sexual organs that you did not know existed.

So you vote for television, and everyone else, as far as your eye can see, votes to **** you with switchblades.

That’s voting. You’re welcome.

kaesae
    Free Member

Thanks northwind for that.

What’s the alternative to democracy and extinction, because that’s the direction we’re heading in by the way.

I have to answer, working together for those of us that are getting off what could best be described as a sinking shite of a way of life!

If this is democracy and modern living you can shove it, as far as I’m concerned there is nothing too lose and everything to gain.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

I.m a useful idiot, Kaesae, have you read much marx, trotsky, gramsci ?

kaesae
    Free Member

Haven’t read any of those, but let’s face it common sense ( logic / reason) is sadly lacking in modern culture.

Hopefully it will catch on sometime soon!

alex222
    Free Member

but let’s face it common sense ( logic / reason) is sadly lacking in modern culture anything that you have ever posted on the whole of the internet.

scuzz
    Free Member

Haven’t read any of those, but let’s face it common sense ( logic / reason) is sadly lacking in popular modern culture.

There’s your problem. You’re looking in the wong places.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You’re looking in the wong places.

So there’s no similarities between “common” and “popular” then ?

hels
    Free Member

I still think you should give up this pseudo-intellectualism lark and reform the Sunshine Band.

scuzz
    Free Member

So there’s no similarities between “common” and “popular” then ?

Are you arguing that common sense = logic / reason? 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hels…! 😆

Viewing 24 posts - 121 through 144 (of 144 total)

The topic ‘Is modern Democracy fundametaly flawed?’ is closed to new replies.