Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • is llandegla the most boring trail centre?
  • scruff
    Free Member

Was at Mcmoab on saturday for ages, it was sunny, didnt see a soul apart from 1 dog walker. Just because alot of people enjoy llandegla doesnt mean it isn't sh1t.

br
    Free Member

given i get around 30mpg, i could get from cheshire to the south coast and most of the way back on 70 quid! no way i'd drive that distance to ride anywhere!

£70 = approx 13 galls at 30mpg = 390 miles
    Sale to Poole is almost 300 miles – you'd have a fair walk!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It's very smooth and felt a bit overbiked on the FS. But I did like its swoopyness, esp. the "black" sections.

jonrambo
    Free Member

to tamworthcrowd: feckoff! oops dint spell that right niether did i???

hora
    Free Member

b r the cockscrew part on the black – prob 50-100m's after the start sign at the black is my favourite bit- where it dips then climbs whilst twisting.

will
    Free Member

Your all wrong. Pump track is the best bit.

will
    Free Member

double post phone fail

MartinGT
    Free Member

Most trail centres are boring IMO.

However………..Sherwood Pines has to be the worse!

goog
    Free Member

it is indeed shite

IanHaughton
    Free Member

As someone commented earlier Google is your friend, and if he isn't its your own daft fault you didn't check beforehand! 😯

will
    Free Member

If you go to sherwood pines expecting a trail centre you'll be upset. However still loads of good riding around there!

carriegold
    Free Member

Only been there once, on the way home from a long weekend in LLanberis. It was OK.

Did not enjoy the long climb away from the centre tho. Only did the blue route as was taking it easy before the long drive back to dear old flattish Suffolk. It was fine. Pretty standard trail centre stuff – the chocolate cake was fantastic – so that's always a good sign 😀

benw
    Free Member

they should spend the money on repairing and better signing on bridleways and we would all be better off.at least trail centres keeps the plantpots off the bridleways and its easier for an ambulance to get to. i like cycling in every form but i would honestly pack up if they were the only option.driving to go riding is fine but if its 3 hours to get there and 3 hours home you should at least be riding for 6 hours

Bunnyhop

Grizedale trail centre was a tad boring. However the best are the 'Northern trails centres' from Laggan wolftrax right upto Golspie.

The Hit the North race course with the new man made bits with swoopy berms is better than Llandegla and that's near Manchester city centre imo.

M6TTF
    Free Member

I like the climb from the carpark – it's a good warm up, my only complaint is it's not steep or technical enough!

Northwind

Can anyone do me an Arbitrary Singletrack Comparison between llandegla and my own benchmark for ropey trail centres, Ae? Just for my records 😉

fivespot
    Free Member

Been 250+ times in rain, hail, snow, ice, wind, dusty + and sunny, at night & day. Still enjoy it. Lucky enough to live 15 mins away. Maybe not the most challenging place to ride, but then I'm not Gee Atherton either. One thing I do see going as often as I do, is the amount of hard work and investement that goes into the place, noy only on the many new bits of trail (that hopefully will be open soon) but also maintaing the existing trails. 8)

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

I like it.

ivantate
    Free Member

I thought it was pretty good a few years ago when I went. Gave me a chance to get a bit of speed up and even get the wheels off the floor. (doesnt happen often even after 6000m of vertical descending this weekend)

Not the biggest or the best but would go back and probably do a few of the real trails around it too.

Trail Centres = Good for the sport, even if you hate everything about them it means people buying bikes, pushing down prices of parts.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

They're obviously doing something right,cos the car park is always packed. It's not bad,but I always feel a bit of a tit for driving a hour to get there.
    What bothers me is,that we could be restricted to riding stuff like this in the future.

Fluff66
    Free Member

The most boring trail centre in the UK must be at Inverie. It has proper signs and everything but it's about 500m long and has, like, 2 berms and one jump. It gets the vote for the hardest to get to also. Inverie has the most remote pub in the mainland UK, you can't drive there. Walking, biking or boat are the main transport options

Hooter – It's been extended. New top section is quite nice…. but not finished yet.

It would definately cost more than £70 to get there from just about anywhere!

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘is llandegla the most boring trail centre?’ is closed to new replies.