Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Is Lagos, Portugal a good place to try and be a bike bum for a while?
  • aye-aye
    Free Member

It’s nearly June and I’m cold, I’ve got the heating on AGAIN!
    I’ve been cold for 9 months now.
    I’m currently jobless, fed up and toying with the idea of selling my possessions and bogging off somewhere where I can ride my bike and be warm for a while.
    I like riding downhill, jumpy stuff but happy to just ride my bike.
    I’ll hopefully be able to somehow muster up about £1000.
    Would Lagos be a cheapish place to exist for a couple of months? (Preferably longer)
    My only requirements are reasonably priced food, good trails and warmth. I’m happy to live in a tent.
    If I can get some sort of work to extend my stay then that’s a bonus.
    Any other suggestions gratefully received.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye.

Mackem

Andalucia/Murcia. Cheap, good riding, nice food, pretty cheap.

aye-aye
    Free Member

Hi Mackem. I’ve been to Andalucia/Murcia in my pre-biking days (2002)
    Is the riding easy to be found? Or do you need guiding?

Mackem

For andalucia there are printed guides available. Bikefax do a good one. For Murcia, head for the sierra de espuma. Lots of signs and great riding.

ianv
    Free Member

It wouldn’t be my first choice.

Finale could be good, there is a free campsite apparently and riding all round. The tet valley in the pyranees orientale would be good as well, there is loads of trails and i reckon you could wild camp pretty easily. Lagos will be hot and the best riding is some way from the town.

sharkattack

This thread could have been posted by me as I’m in a very similar position. I lost my job and moved back in with my parents which has been a total nightmare. I’m currently selling everything I own that isn’t essential to a European road trip. I have a few quid in the bank, a van, a tent, two bikes and a camera. In two and a half weeks time I’m getting the ferry over to Amsterdam and heading down to Italy for the world cup and then…well, who knows. Wandering and job hunting. I just hope I find a job before I eat and drink my way through my meagre savings. I never, ever want to come back here with my tail between my legs ever again. This last year has been my most depressing ever, topped off with the most relentless winter I can ever remember.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Is Lagos, Portugal a good place to try and be a bike bum for a while?’ is closed to new replies.