Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Is Keanu Reeves an actor??
  • funkmasterp

Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms.

Great in The Town too I thought

andykirk
    Free Member

If you actually watch someone who really can act eg. Anthony Hopkins, Peter Sellers, Mark Rylance you realise just how crap most other ‘actors’ are.

jamj1974

If you actually watch someone who really can act eg. Anthony Hopkins, Peter Sellers, Mark Rylance you realise just how crap most other ‘actors’ are.

I saw Anthony Hopkins playing a man who’d had a stroke – in a period drama IIRC. Some of the worst acting I have ever seen. Shameful, considering his abilities!

racefaceec90

i still much prefer keanu in a film to tom cruise (and as said he does sound a genuine nice guy to boot).

love point break i must add .

edhornby

Ben Affleck was good (not stellar but good) in Good Will Hunting

overrated? my nomination is Jude Law

km79
    Free Member

Talentless and overrated? Got to be Ryan Reynolds.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Didn’t know STW harboured so many Fleckettes/Fleckites/Flecksters nice.

Pearl Harbour was my favourite 😆

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms.

Don’t worry, I got it. Time to rewatch Jay and Silent Bob…

jimjam
    Free Member

jamj1974 – Member

I saw Anthony Hopkins playing a man who’d had a stroke – in a period drama IIRC. Some of the worst acting I have ever seen. Shameful, considering his abilities!

Legends of the Fall. Yes, it was actually pretty funny. Like a man trying to imitate a pitbull chewing a wasp. Apparently he’s pretty terrible in the latest Transformers film I doubt he could be so bad as to unsettle that shit cart.

chakaping
    Free Member

Hopkins has always annoyed the hell out of me, he’s the same in almost everything I’ve seen him in.

Not saying I could do better, but there are more useful examples of “great actors” for sure.

DezB
    Free Member

I don’t think Affleck is that bad

I didn’t think so until I saw Gone Girl. Like Canoe method acting a block of wood in McMoonter’s woodshed.

hols2
    Free Member

I think I’d take a random Keanu Reeves film over a random Bruce Willis one though. Always wondered whose idea it was to cast him in Bonfire of the Vanities. Tom Hanks is pretty mediocre, but he looks amazing next to Willis.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIz_RlNZZlg[/video]

P-Jay
    Free Member

Nic Cage used to be a good actor and now he’ll do anything for money

Poor old Nic Cage got himself into a right pickle.

He, believe it or not, was the highest paid actor in Hollywood was a short period, about the time he made National Treasure I think. He made the classic US star mistake of making a shit-tonne of money very quickly, and then spending it like he was going to make that sort of money all the time – worse still he spent the IRSs cut too.

He bought castles (yes, plural) Islands (yep, more than one) fleets of cars, jewellery and Dinosaur bones.

He claims he was badly advised, his advisers say (and can prove) they begged him to stop spending money.

He says, like Samuel L Jackson that he prefers working to not-working so does one film after another, but unlike SLJ he only does straight to streaming rubbish now, like Steven Seagull (not quite so bad).

Sadly for him he is (or was) capable of great acting – he’s an twice nominated and once winner of an Oscar after all and has made some good films – National Treasure, Lord of War, World Trade Centre, Weather Man, Matchstick Men amongst others but he’s been chasing money for so long now he’s lost all credibility with the major studios, the jobs he has left open to him now are made by people who just want to cash in on what’s left of his image – so he’s front and centre on the cover and doing his shouting gurning thing most of the time.

He might do a Michael Cain at some point, disappear for a short while until we’ve forgotten about him, and then come back minus the hair dye and makeup and play some great roles as an older man.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Keanu is an artiste. 8)

Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Is Keanu Reeves an actor??’ is closed to new replies.