• This topic has 40 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Is it wrong not to like Stevie Wonder?
  • higgo
    Free Member

I'm sure he's a lovely fella n'all but his music does chuff all for me.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

It's not just you

nockmeister
    Free Member

He's wrote some utter classics…ur musically deaf 😛

jahwomble
    Free Member

I can't stand him. He'd be dead easy to kidnap as well.

Edric64
    Free Member

never been a fan and that Pilton set from the festival on the telly now is crap

higgo
    Free Member

He'd be dead easy to kidnap as well.

That's a bit harsh.
    If he promised to be quiet I'd be happy to ignore him. In fact, if he was quiet enough, I'd probably forget all about him soon enough.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I heard a very, very bad/awful/sinful joke about him the other day…..

higgo
    Free Member

I heard a very, very bad/awful/sinful joke about him the other day…..

After events on the footy thread today it's prob best if you keep to yourself.
    (but my email address is in my profile)

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I reckon the person he trusts to tell him whether his hair looks alright, doesn't like him very much.

Despite having been a massive Motown fan, the only thing I've ever really liked by him was this :

john_drummer
    Free Member

no it's not wrong. his music does nowt for me either. I'm sure he's a nice chap, and I hear he's a very talented multi-instrument musician, but I'm not a fan of his music

finnbar
    Free Member

No, Never, No, Despite the reams of undigestable cheesy shit Stevie is the funkiest fecker on the planet.. I exclude George Clinton from this as he's obviously not on this planet.

tails
    Free Member

I never knew just how many hits he has, everything he plays is massive!

yunki
    Free Member

I love Funk and Soul with all my heart but the blind fella leaves me cold.. overrated pish

finnbar
    Free Member

Pish? maybe. but if you see him live i dare ya to stand still.gotta give credit where it's due. Although all things considered on a hot summer's afternoon there's 101 bands I'd rather be listening to.

samuri
    Free Member

Yeah, I don't get his music either. I'm sure he wouldn't care though.

MrOvershoot

Not a fan either, but any of that sort of stuff just washes over me like lift music, that and the fact he seems to be on Smooth **** FM all the time & I hate Snooze FM with a passion.

Though every time I have been Go-Karting we do have a spot the Stevie Wonder driver 😉

julianwilson
    Free Member

Did I really see him writhing on the floor playing and extended 'keytar' solo?!

He even played 'I just called to say I love you'!

Legend!! :mrgreen:

tiger_roach
    Free Member

I have a couple of his albums which are great IMO – Innervisions and Talking Book. A couple of classics:

Higher ground
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wZ3ZG_Wams

Superstition

john_drummer
    Free Member

He even played 'I just called to say I love you'!

where's the off button ?

julianwilson
    Free Member

where's the off button ?

bah, you goths have no love of the cheese at all do you? 😆

Sadly the vocoder 'solo' was missing from it tonight. 😆

finnbar
    Free Member

Superstition. what a tune. Stevie ray Vaughan rocks it. turns it into something scary!!!! wonderful.

julianwilson
    Free Member

OMG, 'happy birthday' to Michael Eavis on stage! This just goes from awesome to even awesomer!! Is that why they (Eavises) booked him for sunday?

tails
    Free Member

Who is the blond lass on now?? :mrgreen:

tony_m
    Free Member

No, it's not just you. I watched as much as I could stand of the Glasto set, and TBH while he may have written some "classics", none of them do owt for me.

hels
    Free Member

How do you know if Steve Wonder has been in your fridge ? Fingerprints in the butter.

FWIW IMHO he has some absolute classics and some absolute stinkers. Bit like Elvis really.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

curmudgeons

MSP

His best songs are the ones that rarely get played or released as singles, it seems he has always kept an eye on commercial success (pun intended) rather than making good music for the fun of it.

DezB
    Free Member

For every Sir Duke there's a Happy Birthday
    For every Superstition there's a I just called..
    For every Master Blaster there's a Ebony & Ivory

Funk or cheese?

nedrapier

I like some of it, and some of the classics are classics for a reason, but when I'm not in the mood, the pappier stuff gets me reaching for the off button pretty quickly.

While i'm on, what's Stevie Wonder's favourite colour?

Corduroy.

nedrapier

Dez B. Exactly!

and both.

I want the "Stevie Wonder – Just Funk" collection.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

julianwilson – Member
    Did I really see him writhing on the floor playing and extended 'keytar' solo?!

Yes. Did you see him try and stand up again? I thought someone was going to come on stage and help him to his feet…

clubber
    Free Member

racist! 😉

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I blame Thatcher.

brick
    Free Member

It would be boring if we all liked the same stuff.
    I've loved Stevie since I was 10. I'd rather listen to Can nowadays though.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

what's Stevie Wonder's favourite colour?

Corduroy.

Ah I get it ……… it's coz he's blind – innit ? 🙂

Well as it happens Wonder ain't that bothered about being blind. Apparently when he was once asked whether being blind had caused him many disadvantages in life, he answered, "Well at least I'm not black" 😕

kerv
    Free Member

I thought he just washed white vans these days!

FoxyChick
    Free Member

He is absolute shite live!
    Saw him many yrs ago at the NEC and I, and most of the audience walked out after about 30 minutes.
    Most disappointing gig ever.
    He played all his "hits" in a 5 minute medley, and then devoted some utter crap to his drummer's mother's brother's aunt's sister's teacher's therapist's beautician who was dying of something or other!
    Complete garbage.

clareymorris

Talking Book – absolutely classic album, and come on Ebony and Ivory? How could you not like that ;-D

What I can't believe is that people think it is still funny to make jokes about him being blind………..bizarre!

Hadge
    Free Member

Everyone to their own as usual – FWIW I am a big fan – more so his early stuff like Talking Book, Innervisions and the superb Songs In The Key Of Life. Not so keen on his later stuff but I guess that's how it goes. It would be crap if we all liked the same stuff and some tasteless idiots have to like Slip Shit don't they pmsl.

manitou
    Free Member

he wrote some great stuff…but he was crap last night.. like a Las Vegas tribute act

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Is it wrong not to like Stevie Wonder?’ is closed to new replies.