Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • is it worth swapping my forks ?
  • firestarter
    Free Member

ive got a set of 09 talas 140 forks that i run with a 9mm bolt thru qr now i never ever touch the travel adjust at all i was thinking of going for something with no travel adjust but with a 20mm bolt thru to try something different

Will i notice any real difference in stiffness and also if i keep mine am i likely to damage at all never swapping travel?

What would you recommend also in a 140 length i thought air pike maybe. Im around 13 stone and its for a bluepig.

Also what would i likely get for my forks. Very little used and mint ta

robhughes
    Free Member

how much would you like for them.

firestarter
    Free Member

as much as i can or a swap for some others if its worth doing thats why im asking im not sure if it would be a waste of time or not

hora
    Free Member

At 13stone? Definitely not.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I'd expect you'd feel it but it's not going to change your life.

slowrider
    Free Member

set of revelation 2010's would be good for you, prob wont weigh much more than your current forks if at all (3.85lbs i think) and will definitely be stiffer. you can space the 150mm ones down to 140 if needs be, maybe even shorter (though im not sure). i went without a travel adjust on my latest fork and dont miss it.

chakaping
    Free Member

At 13stone? Definitely not.

Got to disagree, I'm just under 13st and I find a big difference in stiffness between QR forks (especially 140mm ones) and forks with a 20mm axle.

But, to the OP, you might find you increase stiffness but decrease damping performance with a Pike or basic Revelation.

Maybe worth investigating the cost to swap the lowers on your Fox for the 15mm bolt-through ones, I think I was told that was possible.

hora
    Free Member

mi©k although I own Pike and Lyriks I think the Fox Talas are smoother- less agricultural an option.

Plus my **** almost new Pikes have fecked and need repairing.

cookeaa

Do you honestly notice that much “lateral flex” or has magazine BS convinced you, you need 20mm?

What kind of riding are you actually doing? And does it demand a stiffer fork?

firestarter
    Free Member

not really but sometimes there is some but i think im more concerned about them playing up if i leave them without swapping travel at all. also if ive a fair few quid tied up in them when i could get some as good forks for less money with no travel adjust

prob just keep em after looking at the above posts tho

thanks

hora
    Free Member

also if ive a fair few quid tied up in them when i could get some as good forks for less money with no travel adjust

Its always nice to have travel adjust as you dont always ride in the same places.

euain

You can get a new set of fork lowers from Mojo and change yours to bolt-through. I think it's about £150, which is probably cheaper than selling your old forks and buying a new set.

firestarter
    Free Member

aye prob just keep em ta all

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘is it worth swapping my forks ?’ is closed to new replies.