Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Is it worth quitting coffee?
  • cheekyboy
    Free Member

Have you considered tea?

It’s much more civilised,

What a fantastic statement 😀

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Another caffeine free convert here, I was drinking pints of tar like coffee before to keep me going through the day. Now its only water and green tea*,energy and mood is much improved and on a more even keel. Now if I could just apply the same level of righteousness to my food intake I’d be laughing.

*beer and wine still make an appearance now and then :-).

hora
    Free Member

Three a day here. Anymore and its stoopid. Like anything in excess.

I’ve found Eastern European women make the best Espresso- intense yet not burnt.

convert

When I was taking triathlon very seriously I used to go caffeine free for a month to make a big caffeine dose on the day more effective (or so I thought at the time – I think science says this is bobbins now).

Man, the headaches coming off the stuff (big coffee drinker) were horrendous. For that reason I plan on keeping my habit to the grave!

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I gave up coffee altogether for about six weeks, then a friend made me a mug. I’d asked for tea, thought ‘this can’t harm me’, so drank it happily. I was hyper for the next twelve hours or so.

Giving it some thought, I decided to have one coffee, not more, most days to maintain the ability to deal with it. And those infrequent times when I’m driving a long way, I’ll have several. It works for me.

martinxyz
    Free Member

I was having about 3 strong mugs a day but a few weeks ago I bought some Tesco stuff that I kept making too strong and I’ve gone off it! Haven’t touched it since and haven’t considered buying new stuff. I haven’t noticed the lack of it and I don’t notice any difference with my sleep. I can drink No6 strength,3-4 mugs a day and even last thing at night,more often than not I need to sleep half an hour after it. Not sure what’s wrong with me.

hora
    Free Member

Hyper sensitivity to caffeine? My last cup is 4pmish and I always struggle to stay awake 10pm sharp

thebunk

YoKaiser – Member
    Another caffeine free convert here, I was drinking pints of tar like coffee before to keep me going through the day. Now its only water and green tea

Green tea has caffeine in it…

thecaptain
    Free Member

I’ve given up a few times, just temporarily. Worth doing occasionally to make sure you’re in charge of it rather than the other way round. Same for alcohol. Also, I might rein it in for a week or two before long-haul trips when I want to make full use of it for jet-lag purposes (ie keeping awake during the day).

chewkw
    Free Member

Coffee here are mainly from Arabica bean so not much of a kick to be honest.

If you are traveling in the far east, you would normally be offered Robusta coffee which has more caffeine than those Arabica here but the ones I had in the far east (N.Borneo) recently tasted like shite sour black tar ash Robusta (could be Liberica < the shitest of the shite)… bar-stewarts could go so low as to sell the cheapest of the cheap coffee available but still charge a bomb. Drinking coffee back home would induce me to pull out my machete. 😡

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Green tea has caffeine in it…

Its the Tick Tock stuff I’ve been drinking, caffeine free.

Freester

Over the last 5 years I fell into a 5+ cups a day habit. All filter coffee or one of the plunger mug jobs.

The last 2 years or so I’ve been really struggling with tiredness. Snoring was part of it but still had major problems getting up in the morning (I’ve always previously been an ‘early bird’). It didn’t matter if I had 6 or 10 hours sleep I just felt knackered.

Back in September I decided to cut out the coffee. Initially I just started drinking tea instead of coffee but recently I stopped the black tea. Now it’s just the occasional Green Tea at home but at work it’s just those fruit infusions.

I had a few headaches when I stopped the Black tea but now I feel so much better. The tiredness has gone away. I am waking up in the mornings without the help of an alarm clock.

I would love to just be able to drink one cup a day but like another poster above my regulator as far as coffee is concerned doesn’t work. It’s all or nothing for me. I don’t find tea or fruit infusions anywhere near as moreish as coffee and rarely drink more than 2 cups in the morning.

My blood pressure has been borderline high for years. My GP was making noises about considering medicating this. My last BP test over the Xmas break showed that my BP was back down to normal levels.

chewkw
    Free Member

If drinking coffee affects you then your body is weak or not as healthy as you think.

I drank a litre of robusta coffee everyday from age 6 to 9 … no effect whatsoever and I could sleep soundly from 9pm until the next morning.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Is it worth quitting coffee?’ is closed to new replies.