Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Is it the wrong time of year to try and sell a CX bike?
  • Jase
    Free Member

I fancy a new CX bike but would have to sell my existing one first, will I have trouble selling this time of year as I guess not many people will be looking out for one now winter is (hopefully) drawing to an end?

Cheers.

Garry_Lager

It’s been a pish-poor time of the year to sell anything IME – shifted some stuff on ebay that’s gone for buttons. Think people were skint after Christmas and then you’ve got 4 months of mud and rain on the trails creating general despondency.

Cross racers are a hardy breed though so maybe they are above such mental weakness. Personally, though, I’d wait a bit until the sun starts shining more than 7 minutes a day and people are riding more.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Bad time to sell-yes.
    I sold mine this time last year on ebay & got about half what I wanted for it.
    When it came to buying another one, I had to pay more than I wanted as it was near the start of the season.
    This time I’m hanging onto it until late summer!

scaled
    Free Member

what ya thinking of selling, my mrs is after a new one :p

Jase
    Free Member

A Scott CX but is a 56cm.

So as I thought then, just need to get the idea of a new bike out of my head then!

racingsnail
    Free Member

It’s not a great time of year to sell bikes but CX is riding the crest of the fad wave just now, there was CX world champs on Ch4 last night. Some nice brown line racing and pushing up hills.
    I don’t want to hate it but I just cant see the point.

FuzzyWuzzy

CX bikes always seem to depreciate a lot faster than road bikes/MTBs, I wouldn’t say it’s a bad time to try and sell it though – most people realise it’s going to be wet and muddy for a few months yet.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Is it the wrong time of year to try and sell a CX bike?’ is closed to new replies.