Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Is it safe to do online banking on my iPad…
  • KennySenior
    Free Member

…if I only do so at home through my WPA2 secured wifi?

nealglover
    Free Member

No different to doing it on any other computer as far as I know.

KennySenior
    Free Member

Ok thanks

easygirl

Been banking on iPad 3 years, no problems

tomhoward

I’ve been doing it on an iPhone for aaages, thru cellular network, 3G and wifi. Never had a problem, will continue to do on the iPad I’ll be treating myself come payday 🙂

Also, most of the major banks have apps now anyway, so can’t see them risking using an unsafe media.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Been doing it on iBone for a few years. Never any problems.

I seem to remember samuri having quite a bit to say about banking on phones, tablets etc. I can’t remember if it was Apple products specifically though.

nealglover
    Free Member

Most of the banks have online banking Apps for both IPhone and IPad in the App Store.

So they obviously consider it safe, seeing as its them that lose out when fraud does happen and they refund your money.

KennySenior
    Free Member

I see there is a smile app for android, doesn’t seem to be one for ipad

zilog6128

Surely online banking on iPhone/ipad would be safer than on PCs/android devices purely due to the closed nature of the system, I.e. no possibility (at the moment) of keyloggers/phishing apps/etc?

CountZero

As zilog6128 says, and there’s their paranoid security, where you not only have the password, but the special word that requires three different letters to be chosen each time you log on.
    I use both Lloyds and Halifax ones, which are almost identical, and I have no issues with using them.
    I’d be more concerned about ATM machine hacks, which are getting ever more sophisticated.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Is it safe to do online banking on my iPad…’ is closed to new replies.