Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Is it really wrong……..
  • timbur
    Free Member

………to have a very desirable frame (one of two in the world(and a prototype)) in the shed, with full build kit in boxes (pimpy as) and be sat on the sofa drinking vin de table rouge as it’s been a long week and the will to spanner is weak?

😕

benji
    Free Member

Not at all, I’m sat with an unbuild frame behind me, and all I have so far towards the built is a pair of grips, it’s been sat there for over four months now, and will probably be sat for a further four.

philjunior
    Free Member

Yes but I’ll let you off as I’m drinking Hobgoblin instead of sorting my bikes out.

Still I’m sure my 3 yo daughter will have great fun “helping” me tomorrow afternoon.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

have a very desirable frame (one of two in the world(and a prototype))

*Willywaver*

POIDH.

timbur
    Free Member

Captain – can’t do that. A few STW members would explode with envy and another STW members inbox would fill up.

It’s not pretty IMHO but it’s interesting and the build kit’s nice.

Oh, it’s in my favorite colour as well :O)

passtherizla
    Free Member

If I had all the bits, the temptation would be too much for me. It’d be built.

garage-dweller

No take it easy. Currently watching James bond and nursing a sore neck courtesy of an awkward get out of the car in a tight car park at lunch time. Got to replace the reverse light switch on the car tomorrow with my five year old “helping” I need a rest before that and the tip run!

stevestunts
    Free Member

A few STW members would explode with envy and another STW members inbox would fill up

So Brant has some involvement in it?

timbur
    Free Member

LONG week. I’m blue collar and self employed so physically knackered.
    Happy though.

(oh, and there’s a lot of work tools in the way of the bike work stand)

I_Ache
    Free Member

If it was me it would be built as soon as possible after getting the kids in bed.

I love buying and building new bikes. To the point that I’m planning a cheap second hand build to be ready for April (when I have recovered from an op) and am already considering buying the frame new rather than waiting for one to become available.

timbur
    Free Member

Steve – Nope. Thought he was between jobs?

It’s boutique/niche and ORIGINAL.

passtherizla
    Free Member

@ I_Ache that’s the chuffing spirit!

cp

The only thing you’re doing wrong is having the new stuff in the shed. Should be in the lounge to ogle.

john_l
    Free Member

Hope your shed’s alarmed 🙂

j450n
    Free Member

Hows the song go???

California Dreaming………

or

Dream……Dream, Dream, Dream…..

Pics or I’m Laffing 😉

Euro
    Free Member

Having something very desirable makes you very desirable. I want you.

brant
    Free Member

………to have a very desirable frame (one of two in the world(and a prototype)) in the shed, with full build kit in boxes (pimpy as) and be sat on the sofa drinking vin de table rouge as it’s been a long week and the will to spanner is weak?

If it’s a true prototype, that needs feedback then it’s bad. But good, as prototyping is as much about spotting things during build up as it is riding the thing. And seeing what happens when you ride it. So good to build it up in the right frame of mind.

Steve – Nope. Thought he was between jobs?

Enjoying my retirement, and helping out at Bridestones with some marketing and range planning stuff. We’ve been approached to do an Air Ambulance Beer at some point. Hope to bring news of that when it’s nearer.

timbur
    Free Member

Sunday evening is scheduled for build now.

Pics when done on this thread.

It’s a true prototype. The finished product is already tweeked. The designers a fanatic details person.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    *Willywaver*

Oh, the irony…

timbur
    Free Member

wwaswas

It’s a new type of fence, isn’t it?

Only someone’s parked that load of angle iron in front of it so we can’t see it properly 😉

29+ interesting, Tim – let me know if you want to swap a Stanmer ride on that for a ride on a Puffin 🙂

timbur
    Free Member

Not mine Luke.
    I’m just the spanner monkey.
    She’s a BIG girl in the flesh. My diamond looks like a racing snake alongside her

MrSmith
    Free Member

all that build up for an ugly clown bike/farm gate thing 😐

grum
    Free Member

very desirable

Subjective.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Christ, that’s ugly Timbur! And I mean ugly in a I-close-my-eyes-but-still-see-it kind of ugly.

wwaswas

I thought it must be a big frame as the wheels look like they’re 26″.

I’d like to build other people’s bikes and I think my bank manager would prefer me to as well 🙂

timbur
    Free Member

Lol- we are all different and be thankful for that.
    It’s grown on me. Better in the flesh than pics IMHO.
    It’s the bigger frame size with 3″ Knards on it for perspective.
    Might do a pic with my Diamond alongside.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Is it really wrong……..’ is closed to new replies.