Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Is it possible to repair SRAM front shifter paddle assembly?
  • krixmeister

I have a SRAM X0 2x front shifter, and the paddle for dropping to small chainring has become stuck – it won’t move. I took the top cover off and peered around all the scary flat and coiled springs – from a total guess it seems that the paddle might have come out of it’s hinging mount, as it moves a little bit but not in the right way.

I found the below on eBay, leading me to suspect it is at least in theory possible to do this, but not sure if it is doable by a mere mortal who doesn’t have tweezers for fingers.

Any ideas? Otherwise it’s off to the FS forum to find a replacement shifter.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SRAM-X0-Front-2-x-10-Speed-Shifter-Upper-Lever-and-Pin-38182-/281713200851?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item41976a4ed3

Rorschach
    Free Member

They are fixable…you may lose the will to live in the process and they usually fail again shortly afterwards.

russianbob
    Free Member

I’ve repaired X9 rear shifters before. It is a pain but doable, there was a bit that kept popping out when I was reassembling though so it used a little bit of weak glue to hold it in place, worked a treat. Can’t remember which bit it was mind. There’s some useful youtube videos that might help.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Is it possible to repair SRAM front shifter paddle assembly?’ is closed to new replies.