Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Is it possible to reduce travel on revelation dual airs?
  • tails
    Free Member

If so how can i do it myself or do i need to call tf tuned.. i have never taken apart a suspension fork but do all other mechanicals myself.

i want to take them from 140mm to 120mm as I don't really like the high front end on my chameleon.

regards

nbt

It's possible to do it, not done it myself as my LBS did it for me in about 15 minutes when I bought my forks off them – instructions are in the manual though

tails
    Free Member

In the manual you say, time to clamber into my loft i think. thanks nbt. Whose your LBS?

nbt

North West MTB in cheadle.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Take a look at the video tutorials on the RS website.Its easier than you think.

In fact I am currently in the process of doing my Rebas……

Tiboy

Yep, really easy, done it for my wife's dual air revs, you need the spacer though, did your forks come with it? if not drop me an email, I think I have a spare somewhere.

tails
    Free Member

thanks people i'll find out what this spacer looks like and let you know. Jolly green giant have you a link to the particular video i have found some videos but not the specific one. cheers

Wozza
    Free Member

Upped the travel on my Rebas this weekend, was intimidated to begin with but it's no more difficult than anything else on a bike.

tails
    Free Member

right i've seen this video lower leg removal don't like the idea of hitting my forks but okay.

There is no way i am doing this while unemployed dual air service

But don't think I have to, I have looked through the manual but it says refer to the RS website or your dealer to change travel and i can't find the required video.

taking the fork apart does look alright but i don't wanna **** my fork.

saladdodger
    Free Member

but does the reduction of travel reduce the length of your fork, or is the fork the same length ???

tails
    Free Member

but does the reduction of travel reduce the length of your fork, or is the fork the same length ???

good point i hope it reduces the height as want the front end lower down.

robhughes
    Free Member

yes it reduces the lengh of the fork.i think you can locate the spacers from fisher.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Is it possible to reduce travel on revelation dual airs?’ is closed to new replies.