Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • is it possible to put 26 40 rings on a lx ht2 chainset
  • karnali
    Free Member

can find plenty of 26 inner rings, can't find a 28 anywhere, also anyone know of a 49 tooth outer 104 bcd.

been using 24 36 and i like being able to easily use the full range of rear cassette witht he double set up, so thinking of a bit larger chainirngs on the front ideally 28 42 or 26 40 and drop the bash.

ta

njee20
    Free Member

You'll have to get a middle 40t ring. I do that with TA Chinook rings, 28/40 in the granny/middle positions.

TA do all the sizes you could want.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

26/38 on XTM760 here so don't see why a 26-40 wouldn't work.

You won't need a 40t middle ring- thats road is it not?

STATO
    Free Member

the reason you need a middle 40t would be for the chainring bolt holes. Outer rings are recessed on the outside so fitting it on the inside of the spider wouldnt work well and if the bolts stuck out the might interfere with the chain running on the 26t.

karnali
    Free Member

ok have located a 40 t middle and a 26 tooth inner, i assume i'll need some shorter crank bolts for the middle only ring now and anyone know if i will have issues with clearance on a standard on one scandal frame with these rings, on a ht2 chainset.

ta

karnali
    Free Member

njee what frame was that on and did you have any problems with clearances for the rings, mine is to go on a scandal

cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘is it possible to put 26 40 rings on a lx ht2 chainset’ is closed to new replies.