Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Is it possible to have a dry "ish" ride in the peaks this weekend ??
  • Andy-W
    Free Member

Getting fed up with fitting new rear pads after every ride
    Trying to get away from all that wet grinding paste around Ladybower/Hope

Cheers

Andy

jonjon

The rain seems to have passed through, try a bit of Roych Clough, maybe Cave Dale, Dirtlow Rake etc.

It is a tad damp still though 🙂

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

stop braking as much and bed your pads in properly

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Andy-W
    Free Member

If the pads are bedded in properly would all that be a waste of time once you start splashing through all the puddles of grit ??

where is dirtlow rake ???

(Just flicking through the dark peak VP book to get a few ideas)

Cheers

thepodge
    Free Member

Every where is very wet, I'm tempted by a trail centre as it'll be walker free and better equipped for the wet despite the peak being on my doorstep

AndyPaice
    Free Member

it is as wet as I've ever seen it in Sheff / Blackamoor at the moment. Give up any hope of a dry ride and just go riding anyway

Andy-W
    Free Member

Going out Sat,Sun and Monday on the hunt for dry trails !!

I was out blacka moor way last weekend in the wind so will give it a miss this weekend,, thanks for the tip off

sambob
    Free Member

it wont be dry, it has rained almost every day this week.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Brakes are for gheys… 😛

Suburbanlife
    Free Member

There's still a lot of snow on them there hills. Attempted going up Jacobs Ladder yesterday and abandoned the Bike A Hike due to the snow. Came back down into Hayfield and rode the trails around there which were pretty good, although wet. Not sure but I suspect Mam Tor, Rushup and Dirtlow will have their fair share of snow. The suns out now though so get yourself out. 😀

I never find Stanage too bad

Andy-W
    Free Member

Saturday… Langset/North America/Dunford bridge…. Bog Bog Bog, I knew North America was going to be I just wanted to see how bad and it was bogtastic

Sunday…Hope/Bradwell/Pin Dale/Cave Dale …Mud Mud and wet death limestones rocks !!

Monday…Stanage(on foot with dog)Wind/Bog/Wind/Bog/**** Wind/Missed coffee wagon !!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Is it possible to have a dry "ish" ride in the peaks this weekend ??’ is closed to new replies.